Editing texture

SoM3

("Ah! Fluent in sarcasm, I see.")

It's not the original request. It's your repeated insistence that someone else fullfill it after having having the reasons it won't be explained, then your added insult to the community in general because it isn't giving you the help you seem to believe it is obligated to provide.

then your added insult to the community in general because it isn't giving you the help you seem to believe it is obligated to provide.

Now seriously. I'm not insulting community. I tried to install the toolset on my computer. First i had problems with installing the sql server .Some errors about lacked .dll files, so i downloaded them. Then, another error during the check of confiugration. Finally i got installed. When i tired to launch toolset had the unable to connet to the database. After some researchI saw that there was no toolsql folder, so i tried this command

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\"sqlcmd -S .\BWDATOOLSET -E -Q "RESTORE DATABASE bw_dragonage_content FROM DISK = 'C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\tools\dbbak\bw_dragonage_content.bak' WITH MOVE 'bw_dragonage_content' TO 'C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\tools\toolssql\Data\bw_dragonage_content.mdf', MOVE 'bw_dragonage_content_Log' TO 'C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\tools\toolssql\Data\bw_dragonage_content.ldf'"

During that, another erros about sql server. Tried other solutions too. After many fails and hours I gave up and thought that the request for one silly texture would be better idea. God I was wrong. But look at me, whining about one goddamn texture like a child, It seems that i need to pass dragon age moddng for now.

The only things you were wrong about is not acknowledging the fact that we are not allowed to distribute core game resources. It is a Nexus site TOS violation that would result in a ban from the Nexus and it is a copyright infringement from BioWare....that and being rude and sarcastic to people you are asking help from is not a good way to get that help. We still would have provided that help given the good nature of the people who help in these forums if we could have. I am sorry the toolset doesn't work for you. They really don't know why it works for some and not all.

Perhaps you might ask someone to make this mod for you. Post a screenshot of how it looks on your character or describe how you want it to look and make the request in the Dragon Age mod requests forum below this one. There are no guarantees that someone will do it but if you take a different tone with your request than you did this one, you chances for that will improve significantly.

I havn't done much with Dragonage, but maybe I'm missing something... What exactly is the problem here? I was under the impression that Bioware allowed retextures of their meshes for use within Dragonage. If the files were contained as part of a module, like many other replacement mods, there "shouldn't" be any issue. There are many mods out there that already do this sort of thing. The article in question appears to be part of the base game, so not sure what the problem is.

If the problem is that you just want this person to stop demanding help and being a general annoyance, that is another matter, and should be handled accordingly without insult or making excuses.

Well, the initial problem was this....which I believe is a TOS violation unless I completely misunderstand the TOS about posting core resources...

can someone just extract the Reaper's Vestments robe textures and post it here for me? That would be so nice!

The second request is basically the same thing here..

Then recolor it a little and then post as a retexture mod. Simple as that.

Now if that is all we have to do to be legal with our mods on the Nexus, that will make our modding SO much easier in the future. I would think that just changing one small thing of a core game texture and releasing it would just be an attempt to "go around" the TOS. If it is not, then great, I have lots of ideas to get started on. :thumbsup:

*edit* BTW, this wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood what is and isn't allowed. I am always up for learning though. :biggrin:

Well, the initial problem was this....which I believe is a TOS violation unless I completely misunderstand the TOS about posting core resources...

can someone just extract the Reaper's Vestments robe textures and post it here for me? That would be so nice!

The second request is basically the same thing here..

Then recolor it a little and then post as a retexture mod. Simple as that.

Now if that is all we have to do to be legal with our mods on the Nexus, that will make our modding SO much easier in the future. I would think that just changing one small thing of a core game texture and releasing it would just be an attempt to "go around" the TOS. If it is not, then great, I have lots of ideas to get started on. :thumbsup:

*edit* BTW, this wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood what is and isn't allowed. I am always up for learning though. :biggrin:

Well, to put it simply, would you be able to share these re-textured core resources on the social site? Such as... http://social.bioware.com/project/1518/

Why wouldn't the same be allowed here? As I understand it, the only differences in policy between this site and the social site in regards to mods is that mods posted here are not forced to be open source.

*edit* It has been explained to me that this thread was not about a re-texture, but rather of posting unaltered, or barely altered vanilla resources. The two instances are rather different. While we do allow vanilla resources to be re-textured and uploaded, almost all of these have been altered in some significant way.

Resources which have not been changed to be markedly different from vanilla are not allowed since they are essentially sharing vanilla content which legal users should already have. If you are having trouble getting the required editing software working, that is another matter and is not an excuse for not being able to access these files. As you are requesting unaltered resources, I can only wonder what it is for.

Edited by Vagrant0