Glass and Water Alpha Settings?

modhatter6811

I've been trying to make a soul gem translucent and refractive. The problem I'm having is setting the proper alpha flags to achieve this effect in all backgrounds. No matter what I change regarding src alpha, testing, blending, thresholds, etc., I end up with graphical issues depending on the background. Sometimes I can get it to be visible everywhere in game, but it disappears in water, or I can get it visible in water and in the game but it no longer shows in the inventory, or it shows up in game and in water but loses its translucency and lighting properties... I've tried also adding the "dynamic decal" option, which works, but makes the soul gem super huge if water is in the background, and also appears to travel behind the scenery. I've also tried doubling theNiTriShape data with its alpha properties and setting different flags for variables as described here, near the bottom of this mod... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33602/? And for reference, my texture is dxt5>with mipmaps, and uses and alpha mask. (Maybe thats an issue?) If anyone knows how to achieve this or help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.