Quest "Flemeth's Grimoire" broken

StripTheSoul

Heya guys,

I'll try to make it short: my problem is I've killed Flemeth, went into the hut, took the grimoire as well as Morrigan's robe and when I went back to the camp, I couldn't really give the grimoire to Morrigan. She even automatically started a conversation with me when I got to the camp. Actually, she's doing it every time I enter the camp now (and I fear that other situations are being kept from happening this way). There were some conversation lines with her which seemed as if I had already given her the grimoire. But it's still in my quest item list (should it even be there or rather as gift item in the normal item list?).

My question is: Might there be some kind of console command or something that could tell the game I've given Morrigan the grimoire or something like that?

I'm rather far into the game now and totally wouldn't want to use an ooold save game or even start the game all over again. I just hope this will not break something at the end of the game or so...

Can anyone help? :)

Heya Thandal,

thanks for answering :)

Phew, alright, let's see (if there's no version number, it's just the latest version available):

- Dragon Age Redesigned Version 7-3

- Dialogue Tweaks

- FtG UI Mod - More Readable Fonts and UI

- Improved Atmosphere

- Lock Bash

- Leliana Your Zevran Dialog Fix

- Morrigan Restoration Patch Dialog Fixpack

- Extra Dog Slot

- Awakening Bugfixes

- Awakening Runes Fixes

- Advanced Tactics

- JBtextures

- Awakening Blackblade Armor Dragon Drop Fix

- Unobtainable item BUGFIX

- Unlock All 25 Tactic Slots - Compatible with Awakening

- Skip the Fade

- Endgame Dialogue and Epilogue Slide Fixes

- Expanded Inventory

These, I doubt they could have caused the bug, but I'll name them anyway:

- Plus Healing Received Fix

- Golem Registry and Shapers Life Reward Fix

- DAModder - Premiere DA Mod Manager

- Circles Be Gone

- Critical Hit Chance Quickfix

- White Teeth

- VigilanceFixed

- Awakening Silverite Mines Bugfix

- Second Drain life bug fix

- Find Vitals Fix - Awakening

Some other mod is conflicting with the Morrigan Restoration Patch. Can't say which (maybe one in your override directory). Solutions are either to find and remove the offending mod (which will be modifying morrigan_main.dlg and/or other morrigan-related files) or try using the manual version of MRP (make sure that there are no other mods affecting Morrigan's dialogue in your override directory to ensure that the MRP fixes take precedance). There's a bunch of information on the MRP comments page (link in my sig) but this situation only occurs when a conflicting mod is installed. And yes, as you surmise you will have been missing out on the fixed content as a result of the conflict. Sadly, I don't have the time to go into more detail atm as I'm pressed for time but between Thandal & the comments page I'm sure you'll find the solution.

If you remove the culprit, the auto-conversation loop you're stuck in now will resolve itself as a new cutscene will trigger where you can give her the grimoire. It should be fine, but I can't say for sure since it depends on what the conflicting mod does and what it changes.

@ RustyBlade: Hey, good advice, that worked! It does give you even other gifts, but I just destroyed those (I hope, you'll still be able to get them later normally?).The Flemeth's Grimoire quest could be finished now.

However, since I didn't disable any mod now, will there be likely other issues later?

It might mess up Leliana's quest (it does do that on occasion.)

Looking at your list, if I had to pick one as the culprit I would go with Improved Atmosphere. You may want to disable it and back-up a save and see if it changes anything before going on with the gift cheat. Make sure you do a quicksave and a quickload after you disable it.