Den of the Magekiller (Player Home)

aralias777

I have virtually zero modding experience; what I do have is over 3 years of avid Skyrimming under my belt, an extremely active imagination, and a slight knack for the written word; and so believe me when I say, I have an idea.

I am constantly perusing the Nexus, looking for mods; armor, weapon, and house mods specifically. I can never find what I desire; and I lack the modding background to make it for myself.

Imagine a house, tucked into the wilderness between Windhelm and Whiterun, where the grass is still green, before the snow begins to fall. Small, quaint, made of stone (in the style of solitude). Hexagonal in shape, windows on the facets, an elegant roof; one room, containing nothing but a few nets full of human skulls (like the taproots hanging in some forsworn hideouts) hanging from the ceiling, a couple blue, magical braziers for lightning(I imagine the interior in the design template of the College), and a round trapdoor, marked with the Dawnguard sun or the Winterhold eye (either way).

When you enter the trap door, it takes you to the lower level; a medium sized cell, no loading screens but the initial entry, containing the actual den. A round foyer, engraved on the floor with the same symbol as the trap door, Hexagonal in shape, like the upper building but larger, leading to four rooms; the armory and forge, the alchemy and enchanting laboratory, the display and trophy room, and the bedroom.

Armory/Forge:

Forge

Workbench

Tanning Rack

Grindstone

9 Mannequins

A decent amount of weapon display; a balanced mix of single weapon display, shield displays, and dagger cases

Weapon Racks, though not too many

[if possible] A fire atronach acting as a merchant. Doesn't have to be voiced, I just thought it'd be bad ass for the magekiller to have an enslaved/befriended atronach stoking the forge. For convenience's sake, she should be a merchant.

Display:

This is obvious enough; the average Skyrim character collects many trophies, some significant, some sentimental; room for a balance of both would be required.

Dragon Priest Masks (Dragonborn as well, a mannequin in the center for Miraak)

Dragon Claws

Artifacts

A slew of mannequins for special armor sets; Nightingale, Guildmaster, Wolf Armor, Archmage, Royal Vampire, etc; (At least another seven not counting Miraak's)

Display cases; big, medium, and small

I envisioned it more as a display room than a trophy room, but a pedestal or three for the greater beasts slain in Skyrim would be nice (Or, perhaps modified; tubes/ round prison cells holding trapped atronachs of the other varieties; a frost and storm; maybe a dremora lord to yell at you while you admire your things?).

Laboratory:

Standard. There seems to be a standard set of assets and resources used to make a great looking lab (Most of Eli's houses as an example)

Soul Gem storage

Display cases for jewelry

Weapon racks for staves

Enchanting Table

Alchemy Lab

Storage for both of the above (Sorted or not, though I find auto-sorting annoying.)

Bedroom:

This is the part that I am stumped on. How to make a bedroom (Hell, the house...) in the esoteric theme of a mage, combined with the dark and guile of professional killer...but also reflecting the strength and pride of a magical juggernaut who stalks his/her prey up close and personal, assaulting and assailing them with sword and shield? I'm at a loss. Perhaps best left to the imagination of anyone who may or may not decide to take interest in this laughable(haha...) idea of mine.

Suffice to say, I would love if someone could make this happen. I know I was specific, but I just didn't want to be vague. I figure specific beats vague. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I love Elianora's work...mayhaps she'll see this. I hope so. Leave comments; I know I'm not the only who plays the spell abosrbing, mage killing bad ass; it's a valid character archetype! So give this idea some love, or post a link if something of this general theme has already been done so I can look at it. Anything I've found so far has either been too dark, or way, WAY, too big.