Fear and Loathing in Solitude - Civil War

Hjardra

Hi there,

first of all I'd like to apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes in the following text. Unfortunately I'm not a native speaker - so please have mercy. :wink:

During my last 4 playthroughs I've experienced two unpleasend bugs when I almosed considered the civil war questline finished.
Either I had the same problem as described here with Solitude being deserted and my fellow Stormcloaks vanishing into thin air as soon as they enter the city. (This bug occoured 3 times.)

or

the Stormcloaks and the Imperials both showed up in Solitude, however Tullius and Rike did not realise they were in war when encountering them - plus: I was not able to leave the building as the door was only a black surface without function. (This bug occoured once.)

I've browsed quite a few websites and forum articles and as far as I understand this is a vanilla bug. The problem is only: up to now I have not found any solution.

My imediate thought on the first bug was that it could be connected to the use of OCS. However it also happens with OCS deactivated. Of course I tried to load an older save and did even start completely new games - without any success. :sad:

Up to now I have not installed any mods altering the civil war, but I've been thinking about installing CWO for quite a while.

Given the current state of the cw in my game: Is it advisable to install the mod or should I better give up on the idea?

I read through the CWO page several times and as far as I can see nothing else would speak against it. (My game runs stable without CTDs, I use the latest SKSE, the unofficial patches, ENBoost, I did not modify my ini-files and I sort the load order manually after sorting it with Loot)

So if any of you guys could give me advice concerning the above-mentioned bugs I would be very grateful.
Moreover: if you could give me any hints what else I need to pay attention to during the installation process of CWO I would really apreciate it. (I read the pages of CWO and EGO several times but I still consider myself a beginner and just don't want to screw my game by my own stupidity.)

Thanks in advance! :smile: