[LE] Get the CK to recognize behavior

So I want to experiment with dragon behavior files and I create a separate race but a duplicate of the dragon. So i thought I should try editing them and see if the changes work.

What I did was take DragonProject.hkx, convert to .xml, renamed it FDRDragonProject, changed the characterFilename path from "Characters\DragonTEST.hkx" to "Characters\FDRDragonTEST.hkx", reconverted to hkx.

Then I took DragonTEST.hkx, converted to xml and renamed with FDR prefix, reconverted to hkx, and changed the behaviorfilename path to "Behaviors\FDRDragonBehavior.hkx"

Finally I renamed dragonbehavior.hkx to FDRdragonbehavior.hkx. I placed everything in the same file structure ("meshes\actor\FDRdragon\behaviors", or "characers", or "character assets") and in a new race set the behavior as FDRDragonProject.hkx

Unfortunately I get an error:

ANIMATION: Could not find root behavior for project actors\FDRdragon/FDRdragonproject.hkx. Is this set up properly?

I definitely did not set up the files properly. So my question is, how do you set up the files properly?

Someone else had this error but the answer doesn't help in this context. Although that thread looks interesting because someone managed to add an additional behavior file to humans and I want to know how they did it. The author is banned however, so his tutorial links are dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is a little old, but did you put in animationdatasinglefile.txt and animationsetdatasingle.txt in your meshes folder? in both of your txt files, it should have the name of your .txt of your creature such as (yourcreature)project.txt

you also have to bump up the number to top of the datasingle files by one if youre only adding one.