Absorb Health Cloak Spell

qman772

I'm trying to create a spell that behaves just like a spell such as flame cloak, but in place of fire damage it absorbs health from those nearby.

However, my problem isn't getting that effect to work. It does.

But for balance I wanted to make it so that it can only be cast below a health threshold, and if possible I wanted it to drain all of the player's magicka as a cost.

So my questions are:

How do I set the spell to only be able to be cast below a health threshold?

How do I make the cost of the spell ALL of the players magicka, regardless of level/amount?

Any advice is appreciated as this is my first real shot at creating a spell or mod at all. :)

I'm not sure about the health threshold; my best guess is add a new spell condition in the same area where effects are applied that uses GetActorValue Health <= threshold.

The easiest way to remove all magicka is to add a new effect to the spell that applies a script to test for and remove all magicka. If that sounds like what you want to do I can show you how to do that, unless you already know the scripting required.

Awesome, that confirms what I thought about the threshold.

I know essentially zero scripting, but I'm gonna look through a few tutorials to try to figure it out. If I fail horribly at that you will definitely be hearing from me though. I greatly appreciate the offer and assistance. :)

I actually have a private mod with a spell like that.

For your threshhold things:

one way for the health would be to add "GetActorValuePERCENT" as a condition in the spell tab (for the eff). e.g. GetActorValuePercent <= 0.15 makes it so you can only cast it (the effect will only start) if below 15% health.

as for the drain all magicka, you could write a small script, yes.

But you could do without if you added a detrimental restore magicka effect and gave it a huge magnitude.

It worked (partially)!

I changed it to an ability so as to happen automatically upon dropping to the threshold, and the health threshold and magicka drain worked like a charm.

However, the health absorption does not appear to be working.

Dammit.

Thoughts?

well, that is something completely different from what you originally wanted to do.

What you ought to do know, is have a OnEffectStart script attached to one of the effects (e.g. the magicka drain) that will remotecast the absorb cloak spell.

Meaning:

1 You always have the ability but it does nothing unless...

2 You are under X percent health then the magicka drain kicks in...

3 Which again fires off the script that will remotecast the absorbcloak

4 ?

5 Profit