bat naruto mod not working help not working noob file

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ThatsSoWitty

ThatsSoWitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

So I'm trying to run two bat files to give myself all of the spellbooks for the vanilla game and also for some mods I've installed. Every time I run a bat file in game, the game says, "Batch file cannot be found or opened" even though it's in both my data folder and my main folder as both a .txt and a .bat file just to make sure.

I know the psb command doesn't work, but I'm trying to make it work by using a bat that removes all of the illegitimate spells that crash the game. The original problem was caused by the Naruto Overhaul because the ninja masters won't sell me a good 75% of the spells and they don't even pop up in inventory. I really don't want to sit and add them all line by line, so I was hoping I could get a BAT to do it for me.

I'm hopelessy stuck, so if anyone could help me, that'd be great...

Build:

Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

64-bit Operating System

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M/2GB GDDR5

Baibaihe

Baibaihe

I can make my own title? o.O

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

The BAT file only needs to be in your main skyrim folder, not the data folder and it only needs to be a .txt file.

When in game you need to type the follow in the command console:

bat filename without the .txt

I have such files for myself for all books and another for just skill/spell book.  My files are allbooks.txt and allskillbooks.txt, so I would type for example:

bat allbooks

bat allskillbooks

The formatting in your file should be as follows:

Spoiler

This list is for ALL books.

Edited by Baibaihe, 05 March 2015 - 08:58 PM.

Dumitas

Dumitas

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Or try this: Skyrim Easy Console Command Adder  by socratis79

ThatsSoWitty

ThatsSoWitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I literally copied what both of you said line for line and made two bat files: one for all books and one for all spells with the later made by the Skyrim Easy Console Command Adder. I placed both in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim and loaded up the game and tried to run it to no avail. Do I need to start a new game after I had them, or...?

MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

quod creare nostra res

• Premium Member
  • 6,383 posts

When you "run the bat file in game" are you entering console, then typing "bat" with a space and the name of the file without the extension? For example, I have TEST1.txt for bat file in skyrim main folder, I type: "bat TEST1" in console to execute the batch file.

DriftwoodWV

DriftwoodWV

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So I'm trying to run two bat files to give myself all of the spellbooks for the vanilla game and also for some mods I've installed. Every time I run a bat file in game, the game says, "Batch file cannot be found or opened" even though it's in both my data folder and my main folder as both a .txt and a .bat file just to make sure.

I'm having the same problem.

My bat files are in the proper place. [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim]

names are spells.txt and perks.txt

in the console I'm typing:

bat spells

or

bat perks

It is odd, because I know they use to work.....

Found a solution.

I recently got a new SSD [drive F: on my pc] and I reinstalled my games there. If I put the bat files here: [F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim], they work.

Lucifer2166

Lucifer2166

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Well I'm having the same problem with my batch files. I've used these literally thousands of times with Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4, and Skyrim so I know the routine quite well. I have made and used so many of these batch files I can add and change almost anything in my games. But for some strange reason Oblivion wants to be a headache and not open the batch files.

I too installed it to the Steam games folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion - and I'm wondering if that somehow is the problem. I have the retail disc copy of Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY Edition and installed it there so it could be launched from Steam. I have OBSE installed at - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe - and it runs fine from there. I put my batch files in the same folder as the Game Launcher and obse_loader.exe. But when I type - bat SG (SG is what I named the .txt file to get soul gems) it says it cannot open the file.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but still have the same problem. I even tried putting the batch file in the data folder and the default - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion - folder but it still either can't find it or can't open it. I even tried making it an .ini file.

Anyone else got any ideas?

slimdandee

slimdandee

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I can't even get this single line to work with bat

player.additem 000731a3 10000

all it returns  is "Expected end of line"

any Ideas why

plasmis

plasmis

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

There's a new location that the files need to be placed into. It used to be (in my case) C:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim, but now it turns out it is C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim.

Apparently there's been a change in the steam client.

You're welcome.

wfandrews

wfandrews

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 828 posts

It all depends on where you have Steam installed. The files are placed in the same location as they have always been. C:\Program Files(86) etc. is the default location where Steam installs itself. In my case the files would be placed in C:\User\my name\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\Skyrim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bat, naruto, mod, not, working, help, not working, noob, file

Page loaded in: 1.175 seconds