Help: BAT's not working

ThatsSoWitty

I am having the exact problem noted in the topic line IE I run Skyrim, get to the loaded character, tap tilde (`) to get console and type bat equip. I get a return of "batch file could not be found/opened" from the console. My bat file is in the main directory where my SkyrimLauncher.exe and TESV.exe are located (C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim)

Please help if possible.

Note: I will attempt to move my Steam folder (I have no idea if that will work or not)

Edit: Couldn't move Steam (not enough room) So I'm doing everything manually. At least that still works.

Edited by Wolftiger470

• 1 year later...

So I'm trying to run two bat files to give myself all of the spellbooks for the vanilla game and also for some mods I've installed. Every time I run a bat file in game, the game says, "Batch file cannot be found or opened" even though it's in both my data folder and my main folder as both a .txt and a .bat file just to make sure.

I'm having the same problem.

My bat files are in the proper place. [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim]

names are spells.txt and perks.txt

in the console I'm typing:

bat spells

or

bat perks

It is odd, because I know they use to work.....

Found a solution.

I recently got a new SSD [drive F: on my pc] and I reinstalled my games there. If I put the bat files here: [F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim], they work.

reviving a dead thread i know but i just want to thank you because you helped me realize that i had 2 folders of skyrim and i put the .txt files in the wrong one <3