Normal map Questions

tundrafawks

I just want to pose a simple question: is it possible to have different normal maps for the high and low weight scales? I have this 'strange' obsession with realism and find it odd that my low weight females and high weight females have the same muscle definition or lack thereof.

You can use the high poly model as the base for the normal map, and back the normal map onto the low poly model. The low poly will have the illusion of being high poly due to the normal map being based on your high poly model.

You can use the high poly model as the base for the normal map, and back the normal map onto the low poly model. The low poly will have the illusion of being high poly due to the normal map being based on your high poly model.

Thanks, however I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly as that's not quite what I'm looking for. I'd like my high weight slider girls to look chubby and not toned while my low weight slider girls look toned and maybe a little on the muscular side.

Oh..sorry. I was thinking poly instead of weight.

The 0.nif can keep the current normal map. (this is low weight right?)

For the 1.nif you need to change the normal map to the one you want in nifskope.

So I've tried assigning it to both the 1 nif and 0 nif, and neither has any affect. The 1 normal map is the only one that gets applied. I've used nifskope and assigned and renamed the desired normal maps for both weight sets and I'm at a loss.

Edited by Ten_Kodama