Normal map Questions

tundrafawks

Madcat221 described a process which would do exactly what you need, if I understand you correctly, via use of texturesets and TES5Edit. I haven't had time to try it yet but his explanation works perfectly in my head. It's somewhere under a completely unrelated topic in the 3dnpc blog forums, will probably turn up if you do a google search, or just ask him directly.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so some limited success. If you apply the desired normal maps to the meshes like previously thought and then remove the texture sets for females (possibly only need to remove the normal map from it), it works. The only issue I have to fix now is the blending. There is none. The normal map suddenly switches when you max the slider.

I thought I'd have to delve into scripting to fix this.

Madcat221 described a process which would do exactly what you need, if I understand you correctly, via use of texturesets and TES5Edit. I haven't had time to try it yet but his explanation works perfectly in my head. It's somewhere under a completely unrelated topic in the 3dnpc blog forums, will probably turn up if you do a google search, or just ask him directly.

I forgot to do this on my last post, thanks be to you for mentioning texture sets. If you hadn't said something about them I would never have made it this far in so little time.

• 2 weeks later...