Nexus backup?

Bananadog

Hello there, I did not know where to post this so I thought I would post this under "Skyrim Mod Troubleshooting"

Backstory:
A while back I upgraded my PC. Since I bought a new harddrive I do not have any mods on my Skyrim.

I still have access to my old harddrive and all the Nexus Files I had on my old PC.

Question:
Is there a way for me to just "copy-paste" the files from my old hdd to my new hdd. I really dont want to reinstall/download/configure all the dozens of mods I had on my Nexus.

Thank you so much for your help.

-Bananadog

EDIT:
I also have access to all my old skyrim files.

Edited by Bananadog

You could try copying your entire skyrim/data folder over, then you would have to re-run any patchers you have (like FNIS). Also, if you want any of your old savegames, you will have to get those as well, they are usually under my games/skyrim in your documents folder.

Full disclosure: I've never actually tried doing this, so I'm not guaranteeing it will work :ermm:

Yes. Saurusmaximus is mostly correct.

I have done this before. MWA HA HA HA.

You can just move your entire Skyrim/Data folder...that is all mods you have installed. Generally I take this as a good time to clean mine out, but to each their own. Do not forget to also move over the Nexus Mod Manager folder, which should be in your program files on your c drive (probably) as well as your saves and other pertinent patches which is probably in my documents/games/Skyrim. You should be able to copy and paste the whole folder.

No problem. I like to take things apart and have killed my game so many times. :) And now I always keep a unmoded copy of the game in my backup...it is so much easier than downloading the whole thing again. But on the plus side I am much better at knowing how it all works. :)