[LE] Skyrim Changing Seasons [WIP]

ah42

Hey ah42,

For the weather TODO part I have devised a way so that all weather probabilities can be linked to GV rather than a static number, so depending on the season I can activate/deactivate certain types of weather simply by changing these global variables.

(I was in the process of creating a tes5edit patch that will automatically add and assign these global variables to all relevant regional data so I do not have to worry about a million compatibility patches).

Perhaps moving forward we can team up and tackle some of these problems as I am very interested in also getting this to work.

Hey,

So as someone with similar interest the only limitation is dealing with lod/lod landscape. If you have have an idea on how to solve this issue let me know, I would be happy to help!

ARGH. I was afraid of this. I just put LOD down to "something to learn later" and hoping it wouldn't be a major roadblock.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great project idea.

A couple of points to think about:-

Changing extent of ice on rivers, lakes and the sea. Forcing Frostfall users to consider swimming to certain locations.

Changing volume of water in lakes, rivers and waterfalls. Enabling Frostfall users to wade to some locations without swimming.

Waterfalls are perhaps a step too far! You could get in touch with SjoertJansen who created SkyFalls and SkyMills - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40564/? , for some advice.

Good luck with this project, I will try and help if I can. :thumbsup:

Edit-

I've had a look at your proof of concept. It seems to work fine. I am seeing frost/snow on trees and fewer ground cover plants. Also there are no harvestable crops at the farm. A good taster of how it would feel to struggle to find food and ingredients in the winter. As you will have realised, I am an avid Frostfall and iNeeds user!

Edited by Skyrabbit

• 1 month later...
hello thank you for this project is to make this mod ah42 around a year since I expected such a mod I wish you success this mod that my sense of beings have added to the vanilla game I use is I have to say as for the role play is great I support you to mod is looking forward to the change in the much larger ^^ more now that the seasons can mod exceeded its 100 mb will be easier for you I think.

ps: thank you again to project (sorry for my english ^^).

This is a great project idea.

A couple of points to think about:-

Changing extent of ice on rivers, lakes and the sea. Forcing Frostfall users to consider swimming to certain locations.

Changing volume of water in lakes, rivers and waterfalls. Enabling Frostfall users to wade to some locations without swimming.

Waterfalls are perhaps a step too far! You could get in touch with SjoertJansen who created SkyFalls and SkyMills - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40564/? , for some advice.

Good luck with this project, I will try and help if I can. :thumbsup:

Edit-

I've had a look at your proof of concept. It seems to work fine. I am seeing frost/snow on trees and fewer ground cover plants. Also there are no harvestable crops at the farm. A good taster of how it would feel to struggle to find food and ingredients in the winter. As you will have realised, I am an avid Frostfall and iNeeds user!

Hi! I'm not really a modder but I do have some ideas on the issue of food and produce, as I remember reading somewhere about the optional food spoilage feature in iNeed. Perhaps someone could come up of an accompanying feature for preserving food like salting meat, smoking fish or making preserves (ie: pickling), perhaps as recipes, that would be exempt from spoilage or at least spoil at a slower rate than fresh produce. They could also make it so that there are new or variations of existing food recipes would make use of the preserved food.

I've never actually used iNeed but I'm guessing certain foods spoil at different rates compared to others? Are those features modular in any way? Of course you could always turn off the food spoilage feature while using the weather mod, maybe for simplicity's sake or until someone else comes along and tackles this obstacle.

Edited by Laereal