Heavy Traffic ×

[LE] Skyrim Changing Seasons [WIP]

ah42

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! I looked in to this exact topic over a year ago and no one had done anything towards it and a few naysayers who purported it to be impossible. Thanks for taking on the tackling of this important immersion mod.

Having lived in and traveled the NORDic countries (Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) I want to put an extra plug in for SUN POSITION. The amount of daylight is one of the most sensually potent aspects of the seasons in the far north. One time on an overnight backpacking trip I accidentally hiked from 8:00am until midnight. When I finally took a look at my watch I realized why I was so ***ing tired lol.

Anyway, I think short winter days and long summer ones combined with Frostfall and needs mods would make Skyrim the ultimate Nordic fantasy simulator. Contact me if you need another tester.

• 3 months later...

If you 've got a way to change the time the sun rises and sets, I've got code (written in C#) that takes your location in Skyrim and the day of the year and calculates sunrise/sunset times and dawn/dusk durations.

I wrote it because I thought that the [TIMEOFDAY] settings in ENB actually changed the time the sun would rise and set, but they don't. :(

It wouldn't be too hard to add code to calculate the sun's height above the horizon and position in the sky too, based on location and day, but I can only do stuff in C#; I've never even seen Papyrus code. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Guessing this is long dead, but maybe, if someone wants to pick this up or the author starts working on it again, they should check out how The Witcher 3's weather system works. I noticed someone mentioned sun position, and that's a part of The Witcher 3. Just a thought, or suggestion. This mod isn't an absolute necessity for me, but it's a really neat idea. I love the small details.

But CD Projekt Red is extremely generous with their game assets, and if contacted, I'm sure they would be happy to supply permissions for use of their code, with the proper credit given.

Edited by Gearhog

• 8 months later...

Sorry for the hiatus! I'm trying to revive this.

The stumbling block I had encountered previously (which led to me needing a break) was that I was unable to switch models when loading a save-game. Switching models worked fine during normal gameplay, however, so as the player travels, things will work smoothly.

I'm trying to pick up where I left off... but for now, I may need to avoid the previous block for now, and work on other aspects of the mod.

• 2 years later...