How do you make an npc face morph?

Grim7

You can't edit much beyond hairstyle, eye color and skin tone but you can create a new face morph that is to your liking and it is far easier to create new than it is to edit the old. You will need the Dragon Age Toolset installed and working to do either though. You should also read the Preventing the Toolset from Breaking Your Game article before you get started.

Since the toolset can be daunting enough on its own, it would be best if you stated which characters you wish to change and I (or another one of our helpful modders) will point you in the direction of which file to edit or how to export and name your morph to replace the stock face.

You can't edit much beyond hairstyle, eye color and skin tone but you can create a new face morph that is to your liking and it is far easier to create new than it is to edit the old. You will need the Dragon Age Toolset installed and working to do either though. You should also read the Preventing the Toolset from Breaking Your Game article before you get started.

Since the toolset can be daunting enough on its own, it would be best if you stated which characters you wish to change and I (or another one of our helpful modders) will point you in the direction of which file to edit or how to export and name your morph to replace the stock face.

I wanted to edit Loghain and Anora.

Edited by Grim7

Once you export your morphs as mor files, rename them hm_genfl_loghain.mor and hf_den510_anora respectively. You will then need to move them into your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder and you're good to go :thumbsup:

Edit: If you want to take a crack at editing the files, you will find the above named mor's in the designercreatures.erf in your C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\modules\single player\data folder or the corresponding folder in the directory your game installed to. Do not edit the files directly. Right click on the mor you want to edit and export it, then make your changes to the exported files and save. The files will then need to be moved into your override folder.

Edited by RustyBlade

Once you export your morphs as mor files, rename them hm_genfl_loghain.mor and hf_den510_anora respectively. You will then need to move them into your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder and you're good to go :thumbsup:

Edit: If you want to take a crack at editing the files, you will find the above named mor's in the designercreatures.erf in your C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\modules\single player\data folder or the corresponding folder in the directory your game installed to. Do not edit the files directly. Right click on the mor you want to edit and export it, then make your changes to the exported files and save. The files will then need to be moved into your override folder.

How do I start to make a morph?

Edited by Grim7

The DA Toolset. See RB's links in Post #2.

The DA Toolset. See RB's links in Post #2.

K thanks you. Can anyonwe one tell me the face file name for velanna

• 4 weeks later...