Savegame appears to be corrupted

SlurpKnak

Hey guys, I could really use some advice now!

Problem: certain NPCs (image) are frozen. I've run FNIS, LOOT, and WryeBash multiple times while uninstalling mods to find the cause, and nothing seems to help. Even with every mod (including FNIS and the unofficial patches) uninstalled and starting the game "normally" (non-SKSE, and only with the HeartFires.esm, Dragonborn.esm, and Dawnguard.esm files toggled) the problem persists.

I'm not sure what is causing the issue. Shortly beforehand I was foolish enough to try fix some conflicts in TES5EDIT (causing the game to CTD when starting up - I reinstalled one of the mods to fix it), but I cannot remember touching the main files.

Right now I'm simply not sure what to do.

Other details:

- Only certain types of NPCs are affected. Besides rieklings it also affects foxes and dogs. Non-affected characters includes my own character, humans, horkers, and crabs.

- I use the Nexus Mod Manager.

- I've got SKSE v1.7.1

For those interested in how this turned out:

In the end I managed to restore the game by simply re-activating every mod in my list, even mods that had been uninstalled for some time. I also installed FNIS Creature Pack, though I'm unsure if it made any difference. Whenever I install/reinstall or uninstall mods I always use FNIS, WryeBash, and Loot (regardless or whether it's probably needed or not), hence I'm guessing the problem was either caused by mod scripts of an uninstalled mod somehow being necessary, or that I had forgotten to run any of those three tools and that running them later had no effect on the issue created.

Edited by SlurpKnak

Try using a combination of both these save cleaners. They both remove old scripts and references that old, uninstalled mods left behind which can potentially corrupt your save.

Save Game Script Cleaner - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/

Save Game Cleaner - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31724/?