RND compatibility patch with Clearsky Hideout

Hoamaii

Hey guys,

I need a few hints and advices here if any of you knows how Realistic Needs and Diseases by Perseid9 works - Perseid9 is not longer around nor modding and his PM is full from what I've seen.

I've recently uploaded a new mod I created: ClearskyHideout: Fully Animated Playerhouse and some users have been asking me that I create a compatibility patch for RND.

I'm sorry I have to admit I never used RND - the main reason is I haven't been playing in over a year and whenever I have some time now, my game is sort of the CK... :wink:

Anyway, the food crafting system in Clearsky is entirely Vanilla, I just added a few custom meals and drinks with custom buffs, and a water fountain (not MannyGT's one).

I just downloaded the latest RND version and haven't even unpacked it yet to load it in the CK - but I was wondering if maybe any of you had explored that mod or used it in depth enough as to give me some simple advices about to make Clearsky's food items and fountain water compatible with RND?

Many thanks in advance, guys :smile:.

Hoamaii

Hey BigBizkit :smile:

Yeah, just took a closer look at it - it's actually a lot of custom scripted spells effects and a lot of custom GlobalVariables too to handle the various effects on the player. And since I've never used RND and have no clue how Perseid built his GlobalVariables value system, it feels like it'd take quite a while to get a clear enough perspective on it as to be able to patch a couple of custom food items... I know that this sounds like "lazy" :blush: but I'm really not. Just lacking the time for this atm is the main reason I'm looking for help...

well, of course it is a system with global variables etc. but all you need to do is to add the script from e.g. a loaf of bread in RND to one of your meals' effects and fill the properties.

besides, I haven't tried your mod yet but seeing how it is a player house I wonder if making a RND patch for a few meals there is worth the hassle.

Yeah, exactly my point. I mean, if it was using something as basic as formlists or Vanilla magic effects or keywords, it'd be fast and entirely safe and I wouldn't think twice.

But with all the patches people have been asking me for things that are only tiny side-bonuses to the house, I fear I'll find myself making patches over patches at some point - like "Frostfall but no RND" or "RND but no Fountains of Skyrim", etc. I already find myself with 5 different compatibility .esp's available for Clearsky, and I might be drawn to a point when it stops being manageable. It'd be ok if RND was using Vanilla assets like Frostfall does because I can later include it safely in a new version of my mod and not make it a mind puzzle for people to use the right compatibility .esp, but RND being so specific, that cannot happen.

I found a third party mod which seems to be a universal patch for RND - I contacted the author, maybe his patch is all that's needed there.

Thanks BigBizkit :)