Hey, all! It's been a long time since I posted last. Been bouncing around, modding different Beth games. Stuck though, again, on Oblivion, with scripting. My previous endevour into Oblivion scripting worked well, enough. I'd created a door that could be spell-summoned that would allow enterance to a player owned abode. Worked great. I had it, though, mired with other mods that I no longer wish to use. So, instead of attempting to remove the stuff I don't want to use, I decided to just recreate it. Stuff's all fitting into place, until I tried to copy the scripting. Have all of the same actors and statics, but when I attempt to reference them, in the scripts, it tells me it cannot find the reference. I've triple-checked spelling, references, and previous script. An example is:

ScN 0gMovementScript01

Begin OnActivate
Player.MoveTo 0gRatRef01
End

With this, I *keep* getting:

"Script '0gMovementScript01', line 4:

Invalid object reference '0gRatRef01' for parameter ObjectReferenceID.

Complied script not saved!"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Yes, the object exsists and I'm using OBSE.

Is the target ref a persistent reference? Is 0gRatRef01 the base Id or the Id of that specific ingame instance (can't remember the correct lingo)

Suspect the issue may lay with either of these two points

Being a "Creature", I am unable to edit the persistance, it's ticked and greyed. 0gRatRef01 is the base object ID.

. 0gRatRef01 is the base object ID.

This is the problem.

A Base Object is just a template. You cant 'Moveto" it

Moveto requires a persistent reference (some object in the world)

I've, also, tried the EditorID, with the same error. Even with a letter in front of the ID. Tried putting another character in, too, to differentiate between the two.

I am afraid you are confusing objects. Read Base Objects vs References

You said 0gRatRef01 ia a base Object and, as I said before, MoveTo can not be used with a Base Object and that is what is causing the error.

No, I wasn't getting confused between the two. My issue, I now realize, was that I was concerned about not being able to tie the script in, since you can't do it directly. The script needs to reflect the "in game" object, then gets tied to it's original, defining, object. Got that, now. Thanks.