Girlfriend Mod

CYesmaR

It's a very simple mod idea, but I can't work the GECK that well.

Basically what I'm looking for is a mod that gives the character a girlfriend. Doesn't have to be a follower, can just be in the Lucky 38 or in Goodsprings, but just someone who would say nice and cute things that a loving girlfriend would say. I'd like her name to be Catie but really it's the mod makers choice. Voicing would be awesome, but you can't get everything you want. Anyways, that's my idea, I'd love to see it, and if there is anything more creative you'd like to do with it be my guest, I know it just seems very basic and boring at this point. Thanks.

I like the so called 'romance' concept of a girlfriend, or boyfriend for female characters. Actually, as the game tends to do anyway, include both a female and a male, depending upon dialog options used with these NPC's, gay/lesbians and those who play both sides can pick up on these characters. I'd like to see one in Goodsprings, and the other somewhere the player is intended to go early in the game, like Primm - a PC so inclined could have both hanging on to them so to speak?

I sorta support this. But i'd raise you that while an NPC in a static location would be nice... how about a system similair to Goranga's Dating System for Oblivion? It would add a conversation option to any NPC you were interested in (within reason) and require a Speech/Charisma/LadyKiller/BlackWidow/LaFem/Bachalor check to gain their interest. After this you would get a few 'quests' to take them to places like a bar and buy them a drink. Take them gambling. Include some generic fluff (or as fluffy as the wasteland gets, because it has to be in character for people like Cass and even Boone) conversation. Hell, make the companions have special dates (like hunting Legionaries for Boone, for example) sinee they are 'special' npcs. Then, after a certain point in the 'quest', you could get fade to black options to 'kiss' and such, and even asign were they 'live'.

If it's going to be done i'd prefer to see something proper like this. After all, while an NPC might be nice, aside from a little unvoiced conversation most people take the official companions flirting (Cass, Veronica, hell you can recruit Arcade by flirting with him) to mean that these companions are romantically involved with you. Certain mods on the site already help with this illusion; hell, after what they do it's not even really an illusion anymore, thats what the flirts wer ein the vanilla game. I'd prefer to see that deepened personally.

Could just be me who feels this way. Either way I wholeheartedly support this in any form. I think most games could do with a touch more romance. It's what draws me to game from companies like Bioware.

I'd certainly like to have this option with Sunny Smiles. She was a breath of fresh air.

Edited by Alixen

There was the funny idea of a marriage system mod floating around a while back, now I'm pretty sure ya'll want this to be more serious rather than funny, but if you would like it to be more funny try looking at the two romance companions from Fo2 Dave and Mira I think, both were awful but in a funny but oh god get them away kind of way.

Davin is rumored to be "friendly" with local brahmin

The Vault wiki - Davin

And his sister Miria is well "friendly" to anything too

The Vault wiki - Miria

I sorta support this. But i'd raise you that while an NPC in a static location would be nice... how about a system similair to Goranga's Dating System for Oblivion? It would add a conversation option to any NPC you were interested in (within reason) and require a Speech/Charisma/LadyKiller/BlackWidow/LaFem/Bachalor check to gain their interest. After this you would get a few 'quests' to take them to places like a bar and buy them a drink. Take them gambling. Include some generic fluff (or as fluffy as the wasteland gets, because it has to be in character for people like Cass and even Boone) conversation. Hell, make the companions have special dates (like hunting Legionaries for Boone, for example) sinee they are 'special' npcs. Then, after a certain point in the 'quest', you could get fade to black options to 'kiss' and such, and even asign were they 'live'.

If it's going to be done i'd prefer to see something proper like this. After all, while an NPC might be nice, aside from a little unvoiced conversation most people take the official companions flirting (Cass, Veronica, hell you can recruit Arcade by flirting with him) to mean that these companions are romantically involved with you. Certain mods on the site already help with this illusion; hell, after what they do it's not even really an illusion anymore, thats what the flirts wer ein the vanilla game. I'd prefer to see that deepened personally.

Could just be me who feels this way. Either way I wholeheartedly support this in any form. I think most games could do with a touch more romance. It's what draws me to game from companies like Bioware.

I'd certainly like to have this option with Sunny Smiles. She was a breath of fresh air.

I love this idea, that would be awesome to have, something like that. Perfect. Now the only thing would be getting someone to make it for new vegas.

There was the funny idea of a marriage system mod floating around a while back, now I'm pretty sure ya'll want this to be more serious rather than funny, but if you would like it to be more funny try looking at the two romance companions from Fo2 Dave and Mira I think, both were awful but in a funny but oh god get them away kind of way.

The Vault wiki - Davin

The Vault wiki - Miria

Ah, those were the days... I had characters that married Maria. :)

The Vault wiki - Davin

The Vault wiki - Miria

Ah, those were the days... I had characters that married Maria. :)

I love the new fallouts, but i got to say the olds ones had more character... and humor.