gandalftw

A cabin warming on a winter morning

A warm hearth twirling smoke toward heaven

A laugh,a sigh,from within,

eggs and bacon creating grins

on faces bright and shining

A blanket of snow covering once green hills

beckons child and sled toward winters icy thrills

There are snowmen to be built,angels to be impressed,these things have stood the test of time.

A cabin warming on a winter morning....

Failed Revolution

The vote is just hanging there at 19 seemingly FOREVER....I can't take it much longer....it's bugging me,i am very, very, very bugged.

Having second thoughts about me revolution,i feel ignored and betrayed ,the apathy i've uncovered has damaged me more than any sword could ever damage me.My entire revolution was meant to give voice to the common man,to lift him up and bestow upon him the power that is RIGHTFULLY his.

Alas,it is clear to me now the common man in this realm is too afraid to raise his sword in protest,to stand up and be counted,to become a true force.His own fear is his enemy,his power hasn't been taken from him he's given it up for the illusion of safety,all his decisions are made for him and he accepts those decisions without debate.

Yet there are warriors among you that have stood up,have raised their swords,that fear no man.Heroes you truly are and i salute you but as a force we are just too small.So it is with great sadness that i announce this day that i am leaving the field of battle,i am standing down rather than risk even one of those brave warriors in a senseless struggle of too few against too many.

One day, when more have joined our great cause, i will return....so strengthen your bodies and your minds,sharpen your swords for it is NOT over yet.

http://overheardinthesacristy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/applause.gif?w=460

This epic speech was provided by:Cheap Epic Speeches inc, in partnership with:The Gandalf for President of the World Committee©.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Disclaimer:
The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the original author and Cheap Epic Speeches inc. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Admin, the moderators, and/or any/all contributors to this site.

Edited by gandalftw

Failed Revolution

The vote is just hanging there at 19 seemingly FOREVER....I can't take it much longer....it's bugging me,i am very, very, very bugged.

Having second thoughts about me revolution,i feel ignored and betrayed ,the apathy i've uncovered has damaged me more than any sword could ever damage me.My entire revolution was meant to give voice to the common man,to lift him up and bestow upon him the power that is RIGHTFULLY his.

Alas,it is clear to me now the common man in this realm is too afraid to raise his sword in protest,to stand up and be counted,to become a true force.His own fear is his enemy,his power hasn't been taken from him he's given it up for the illusion of safety,all his decisions are made for him and he accepts those decisions without debate.

Yet there are warriors among you that have stood up,have raised their swords,that fear no man.Heroes you truly are and i salute you but as a force we are just too small.So it is with great sadness that i announce this day that i am leaving the field of battle,i am standing down rather than risk even one of those brave warriors in a senseless struggle of too few against too many.

One day, when more have joined our great cause, i will return....so strengthen your bodies and your minds,sharpen your swords for it is NOT over yet.

http://overheardinthesacristy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/applause.gif?w=460

This epic speech was provided by:Cheap Epic Speeches inc, in partnership with:The Gandalf for President of the World Committee©.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Disclaimer:

The views and opinions expressed in this post are solely those of the original author and Cheap Epic Speeches inc. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Admin, the moderators, and/or any/all contributors to this site.

Gosh darn, Gandalftw, you does well with your pretty speachifying and glorious enthusing of the masses. So I implore you, do not leave us to fend alone for ourselves but stay and we will battle for what ever cause, in particular, that needs battling for. Fairness, equality, freedom and more would drive us to fight, side by side, as courageous comrades. Viva revolution! Up with the barricades, down with those that would hold us back from a glorious new future.

Speech material provided by Cut Price Revolutionary Raves and Rants from our finest low budget specials list. Our motto is 'if you can't do it original, then at least do it well with cutting and pasting'.

Edited by Maharg67

Gosh darn, Gandalftw, you does well with your pretty speachifying and glorious enthusing of the masses. So I implore you, do not leave us to fend alone for ourselves but stay and we will battle for what ever cause, in particular, that needs battling for. Fairness, equality, freedom and more would drive us to fight, side by side, as courageous comrades. Viva revolution! Up with the barricades, down with those that would hold us back from a glorious new future.

Speech material provided by Cut Price Revolutionary Raves and Rants from our finest low budget specials list. Our motto is 'if you can't do it original, then at least do it well with cutting and pasting'.

Hehehe!Thank you Sir,i will remember your grand offer to join me revolution but also remember that Gandalf seeks the position of presidency of the world.I have written the United Nations repeatedly but so far i have received no response except for the visit of a group of men in black suits and a UN t-shirt.

I don't bring real world morality to the fantasy world.In the fantasy world i am free to explore different perspectives,make different choices than i would in real life.I can be a ruthless uncaring brute or i can be the hero both in the same day and without bringing harm or enmity to myself or anyone else in the real world.

Fantasy,whether experienced in a PC game or fantasiful ideation is,if you are of stable mind and in control of your impulses,freedom to explore your own mind.Bringing morality into your fantasy world negates what fantasy is for.Fantasy is a tool for self-examination and inspiration.The greatest artists and writers the world over use fantasy as their muse.

Refusing to explore ones dark side through fantasy or contemplation is giving up the benefits derived from knowing ones self fully.No one is all good nor all bad and attempting to block part of ones self only serves to make the repressed part of the self more persistent in gaining ones attention whether through dreams or sudden unexpected imaginings as in seeing,hating and confronting in others that aspect one represses in ones self.

In my old age i've come to believe,whether through fantasy or contemplation,the most important quest in life is the accumulation of self-knowledge.That's not to say that should i acquire complete self-knowledge or believe i have that i'll happily step into the void when the time comes no,i'll be dragged kicking and screaming for there is so much to learn and so many PC games i've yet to play. :tongue:

Edited by gandalftw

"I believe in looking within for my personal truth for i distrust leaders.

My motto,of sorts,has been,i won't follow and i refuse to lead but if we should find ourselves walking the same path,for a moment or a day, let us freely share our viewpoints without argument or restriction and when we part company let us remember to simply take what we like from the other and make it our own.

Life is a personal journey imo and when we follow we disconnect from our inner truths.That void that causes us to choose a leader will never be filled by anything but illusions as long as we follow another.This,at the moment, is my truth,for how long i don't know for it seems to me that the ultimate truth is unknowable and personal truth is constantly in a state of flux just as the universe itself.Sorry if it seems as if i'm preaching,i'm not really that would be wrong imo,this is just where i find myself at the moment. :P"

Edited by gandalftw