My Mod works on one computer, but not my other one...

laughingshepard

I've been working on my first mod, I started making an island and got pretty far. I made it so you could get there from a boat i put in Riverwood. I wrote a script using default invisible activators placed on each of the row boat seats, and it worked great. Then I tried copying the .esp file over to my other computer using a flash drive so i try it out on another computer. Everything about the mod worked fine except the boat doesnt do anything when i click on it. I tried editing the mod on my second computer and when i look at the markers it says "Scripts: Cannot open store for class, (activator), missing files?" I've look all over the internet and i keep seeing other people with this problem but no solutions. I looked at the wiki troubleshooting page too. Still no solutions. Does anyone know how to fix a broken script?

You'll need to copy over files in addition to the esp. As was suggested to me earlier, ask CK to make an archive for you. It will at this point list all of the files it would put in the archive. These are the files you need to copy across (although I'm not 100% sure about source). Scripts in particular are not stored in the ESP.

Yep, chances are you have things on the first computer that didn't make it to the second one because the file you uploaded was missing things. This happened to me to & can be frustrating trying to find out through trial & error, but keep at it. If you created scripts, or use custom meshes or textures, all of that has to be added separately since they won't be included in your .esp file.