How To Become A Modder

simplywayne90

Thanks Simplywayne for the article references,

Going to give it a look. For the current mod that I'm working with a buddy, thinking that I'm going to ask the community for some help (see if some of the crafters that are already going in the right direction wouldn't mind us using their models for some cred, might be easier for the one thing), but plan to work the 3d modeling for future points.

~Mag

Thank you for reading, I'm happy to help. As to the modeling, well I made another thread to complement this one at the time although I think I never connected the two. (To be honest, its not nearly as popular a thread as this one has become, and I thought it'd be the popular one) Its a thread were modelers or just people with old 3D models can post them up since what you think may be a useless model might be perfect for someones mod.

Heres A link to it:

Modelers Contributions Here

Oh And I'm sure the thread won't die, people eventually get tired of waiting for someone else to make them something, then they decide to mod and come here! So we're good.

Edited by simplywayne90

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow nice one TallgeeseIV, good work mate.

Kudos to you.

Wayne already got one for his amazing referencing.

And I gave one to you adman for your suggestion of a new GECK tutorial, I'll edit it into this post if/when it is made.

I've come up with a possible way for a modder to make special encounters (Like The Classic Fallouts Had)

If any modders would be interested in that topic I've linked it here.

How Special Encounters Could Be Made.

Edited by simplywayne90

This should be a sticky

I made a mod where the Enclave take control of 4 different locations, with various AI packages, (such as ambush, guard, travel etc..) and wanted to make quests for the different towns and how they would be attacked, defended, etc...

Its called Enclave Ambush at Nexus if you want to check it out :) I came up with some GOOD quest ideas, but the only tutorial I could find on youtube was in German. I actually watched that for an hour...

I noticed he had a 'template script' he was copying and pasting off of, and he would just fill in the blanks with with the appropriate values. Does anyone have these? or have other quest scripting resources/ tutorials?

heres a link to the german vid im talking about. screen shot of the template at 6:20 of the video

Edited by tawkingjames

I have never done a mod other than textures in Photoshop using the Nvidia plugin as mentioned in this thread,I have a very noobish question. How does one create/tweak a stronger (more DPS) weapon? Do you mod the weapon, mod the ammo or both? If some one could point me toward a tutorial or steps to accomplish this (I have all the tools, just not sure how to use them), I would be very grateful. I don't need to release this as a mod, I just need it for effect in my game settings for machinima filming. Thank you in advance!

OMFG, I love this post, I vote sticky. There is hardly ANY tutorials out there (that I could find anyways) to start you on your way.

My end goal in modding is to create an power armour based on the Zaku II. anyhue Im a FAR ways off from that goal but now i feel like this is the first step. Thanks for this compilation of tutorials.