How do i merge two Fallout:New Vegas plugins?

Shattersphere

Thanks for the reply and sorry I wasn't specific enough. I knew two mods could be opened. However, what I'm trying to do is steal the room from one mod place a new door in a second mod connecting to this room. When I do connect to this room in the other mod it works however, elements from it are missing which is why I assume I need to merge the .esp's in order to make it work.

I'll explain in more detail with pictures and such tomorrow. I'm tired xD

I tried this in grand hopes and it didn't seem to work for my purposes. I tried loading the new .esp I made into the GECK but everytime I tried it ended up crashing.

Its amazing that there is practically no helpful information on how to successfully merge plugins in FONV on the internet anywhere. Please write a short tutorial if you know how.

This is the best FO3Edit tutorial available out there and it should apply to FNVEdit as well because it is almost the same program. This is the most important tool a modder can have!

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8629

Its amazing that there is practically no helpful information on how to successfully merge plugins in FONV on the internet anywhere. Please write a short tutorial if you know how.

This is the best FO3Edit tutorial available out there and it should apply to FNVEdit as well because it is almost the same program. This is the most important tool a modder can have!

Yeah I've looked through the parts of that faq that had "merge" in them and none of them specifically gave a tutorial on how to "merge plugins". I don't suppose you'd know whether there is in fact a part of the faq that actually talks about that?

Yeah I've looked through the parts of that faq that had "merge" in them and none of them specifically gave a tutorial on how to "merge plugins". I don't suppose you'd know whether there is in fact a part of the faq that actually talks about that?

No, I do not...I use it mostly to clean my mods before uploading them.......sorry.

The 'create merged patch' function doesn't 'Borg' two plugins, which is what I think the OP is after here. It just creates a patch that merges formlists and some other records that multiple mods may have in common - like for weapons formlists, etc.

Section 6.4 of the guide is what you need to look at. http://www.fallout3n...ile.php?id=8629

If you are BORG'ing two esp files, you want to use the 'copy as deep override' function, copying records from the top plugin to the bottom plugin. When you have all the records copied, you remove the master from the bottom plugin (the top plugin will have been added to it's master list). Then close and save. It's important at this point to open the file with the Geck and save it again, because with some records - especially dialog may end up with errors, and the geck will fix it. Also, scripts on base effects will probably become detached so you will have to fix those manually.

This assumes that the two plugins have no records in common. If they do, then you will end up with duplicates of those records if you copy them. They will most likely be records from the main NV ESM file. In that case, just drag over the fields that are different - if you decide which version you want to keep is from the top plugin.