[Need Help!] Dovahkinder + Additional Children Clothes Problem?

Lex3x

Okay, so I've read both mod pages as best as I possibly can, but apparently I'm still not doing something correctly? I've had this mod installed before, back at the 2.0 version when it was just up to 13 outfits instead of 21. I'd LIKE to have 21, but on the ACC page it says to use the 2.0 version of ACC if using the 2.0 version of Dovahkinder. Which I did, and it didn't work... I've tried about 10 different ways of installing these mods and I'm extremely frustrated. Nothing seems to be working.

I also couldn't help but notice that it says to replace the .dds files with the textures you want replaced, but there are also n_dds files located in the Dovahkinder zip. What do I do with those? ACC says nothing about adding those to it. Do I need to install both ACC AND Dovahkinder in NMM or do I simply use the textures FROM Dovahkinder and place them into ACC then install ACC with NMM...? (Note: I AM using Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions.)

Essentially, no matter HOW I install it (following tutorials) I can SEE the clothing in game, but when I give it to my children, they don't equip it.

I'd like some help from anyone willing and able to give me a step by step on exactly which file to download, what to do with it, how to install it, and essentially anything I need to know to get this working. I don't know why I'm having trouble now when before, everything was fine... I'm using NMM, so please include mod load order if you can, or anything else I need to know.

It seems that the makers of both mods are not all that active. Plus, it seems that the maker of the original ACC mod does not speak English as his/her primary language, which may be causing additional problems with communicating how to get the mod to work.

I cannot even DL the newest version of ACC because I am blocked for some reason. I'm pretty sure that was an accident, but I have yet to hear back from the mod author.

I am interested in trying these out, but I want to verify that I can use every outfit as a stand alone, & not as replacers. My mod has many students all over the place, & I want to be able to use all the default outfits, plus all the additional ones, at the same time, for variety.

Lemme know how that goes, ToppDog. Also, if you'd like, I can send you the latest version of ACC? I don't know if that's against the rules or what, but if not, I can. o.o I have dropbox.

I too am frustrated. The directions for ACC are confusing and no matter what way I do it, the clothes shop in Solitude is either not selling kids clothes at all, or the clothes' textures don't display in the menu (and on my children). :sad:

That's exactly my issue, too. No clothes at the shop, or invisible clothes in game. The ACC instructions ARE confusing, but there are some instructions in the comments as well. Sadly I think they're outdated now, so they weren't any help. :(

Still seeking an answer here. C'mon, people. Someone's gotta know! xD

so I finally got it to work in game after having downloaded ACC over a year ago. I'm actually not sure exactly what I was doing wrong, but it may be that I wasn't renaming the dds files properly. when you download the dovakinder textures they're called ChildrenClothesV04.dds ChildrenClothesV05.dds and I don't think I ever renamed them as V06, V07... Honestly I think the instructions on ACC page were fine I just didn't follow them properly. Basically Download ACC and download any child clothes mod you want. Install ACC but not the clothes mod. Unzip the clothes mod and extract the textures to data/textures/_byoh/clothes/childrenclothesvariants and the proper m or f folder. Rename them ChildrenClothesV06 -ChildrenClothesV21. Should work. With the new Dovakinder mod I added with Nexus I think(not sure I went back and forth a couple times so I also might've just used extraction) and it adds the clothes already renamed 06-13 which is good to add first. It does have the n_dds files which I kept and seems fine. Also I used it with the 2.0 of ACC.

My problem, by the way was that like others said I had no textures (just blue) and the clothes didn't have correct names: boy cloth and girl's dress. I don't know about finding them in the shop as I haven't tried that. So the ones I'd already found around and were in my inventory are now working and properly named, ex. Travel Clothes, Summer Outfit. Not sure about them not wearing the clothes though. I haven't adopted any kids yet. Anyway, hope this was helpful and not just confusing.

I have the same problem like you. I read your post and I tried to do the same like you in your description, but still I have boy's and girl's clothes looks like girl's dress. Could you write instruction for totally beginner? I spend two days over and over again by copying the files, installing and uninstalling the game, cleaning registry (after this mod, all child clothes in shop look like dresses, even on the "clean" game without any mods).
I write, what i did:
1. Copy folder with texture "Elaborate Textiles - NPC Clothing Retexture" to data
2. Install "Additional Children Clothes" using NMM
3. Unzip "Dovakinder" and copy textures to data/textures/_byoh/clothes/childrenclothesvariants to proper F and M folder.
4. Install "Dovakinder" by NMM (so it was written on the page with mode (first, I didn't install "Dovakinder" like you wrote, but it didn't help, so later i install it))
4. I didn't rename any .dds files, because all .dds files from "Dovakinder" was named exacly the same like in ACC readme...

It says:

Supported Files

childrenclothesv06.dds
childrenclothesv07.dds
childrenclothesv08.dds
childrenclothesv09.dds
childrenclothesv10.dds
childrenclothesv11.dds
childrenclothesv12.dds
childrenclothesv13.dds

In "Dovakinder" i found files "childrenclothesv06.dds - ...13.dds" and files "childrenclothesv06_n.dds - ...13_n.dds".

I'm confused... How rename for example childrenclothesv06.dds? And what should I do with childrenclothesv06_n.dds?

You wrote "Rename them ChildrenClothesV06 -ChildrenClothesV21" - but in _byoh/clothes/childrenclothesvariants/f I have 8 files (with _n.dds 16) and resume all .dds files from folder F and M I have 16 files (with _n.dds 32).

Please, wrote instruction step by step.