Alftand Cathedral ID

PinkAnderson

Hi nexus

I noticed there's a guy asking about a persistent CTD when entering the Alftand Cathedral, but that's not really informative, so..

I'd been to Alftand and cleared it entirely before. Now I have to go back because of the main questline and the Septimus Signus quest and every time I try to enter I get a CTD. I still had one save before getting the SS quest but still crashed so I dont know if that's of any importance. I thought it would probably one of my mods but.. I don't really know whats so important inside the cathedral that any of the recent mods would bug it out..? Thats not really my question though.

When I tried to reset the cell, I found out that theres just no ID to be found that said "Alftand Cathedral" even though that's what the door says. There's a bunch of IDs when you type alftand, but none of them say cathedral and I have no idea if it's actually there. Can anyone dig up any information as to what cell ID the Alftand Cathedral actually is so I can try to reset it and get rid of the crash?

One last thing - if I do resetinterior, will that completely reset the whole cell, with all the loot, units, and even events such as the last two adventurers having a fight at the dwarven mechanism?

EDIT: I just tried a new char and entered without any trouble, so my save got the cell broken. I have also found out the ID while I was inside (didn't think of that O:-) - it's the AlftandWorldEnd - but when I tried to do a resetinterior on the cell, it said it's an invalid cell ID. Now what's up with that?

Also does anyone know the exact effect of pbc and resetinterior? Is it equal to waiting 30 days in effect?

CONCLUSION: I don't think this cell can be repaired, I will just never go in there again and use somewhere else to get to Blackreach. At least this topic made me think about what I could do to try and repair it. Thanks nexus. Feel free to delete this

Edited by 33Speedy