Cuts, scars and Bruises for Type 6 and Type 3 body's or the male breezes body

USAHELLFIGHTER

I don't know if this has ever been asked before, i could not find it in the forums. But i am looking for cuts, scars and bruises for type 6 and or type 3 body's. There are a few mods and resources for your character's face but none for the body. The wasteland is unforgiving and i find it weird that the body didn't suffer at all haha. If possible i would also like to learn how to create my own but i have no idea where to begin?

So there you have it, my request :D

I've made plenty of my own for my own characters.

The first thing you want to do is create a custom race by copying one of the vanilla races in the GECK. Copy the body textures to your own custom directory, and then point the body textures in the GECK to them. If you do it this way, then the scars only affect your character and not evey other NPC in the game.

Now you just need to edit the textures. You can use either paint.net or gimp. You'll need to install the dds plugin for whichever one you choose. I personally use paint.net for most things like this and only use gimp for things that paint.net doesn't support.

What I usually do is I add another layer on top of the image. Then I find a nice scar or bruise image from a google image search and use the lasso tool to copy just the parts I want. Then I paste that onto my new layer, and then resize and move it around (this is why I like putting it on its own layer) and maybe adjust the hue and saturation etc. until it looks the way I want. Then merge the layer down and save as a dds.

Most of the time that works fine. Sometimes I need to load the image in gimp afterwards and use the smudge tool so that the edges of the scar or bruise look better.

Edited by madmongo

The first thing you want to do is create a custom race by copying one of the vanilla races in the GECK. Copy the body textures to your own custom directory, and then point the body textures in the GECK to them. If you do it this way, then the scars only affect your character and not evey other NPC in the game.

Now you just need to edit the textures. You can use either paint.net or gimp. You'll need to install the dds plugin for whichever one you choose. I personally use paint.net for most things like this and only use gimp for things that paint.net doesn't support.

What I usually do is I add another layer on top of the image. Then I find a nice scar or bruise image from a google image search and use the lasso tool to copy just the parts I want. Then I paste that onto my new layer, and then resize and move it around (this is why I like putting it on its own layer) and maybe adjust the hue and saturation etc. until it looks the way I want. Then merge the layer down and save as a dds.

Most of the time that works fine. Sometimes I need to load the image in gimp afterwards and use the smudge tool so that the edges of the scar or bruise look better.

Could you maybe create a video or a picture manual of how you do it exactly? I am now a total noob, but willing to learn :D

• 1 year later...

Could you maybe create a video or a picture manual of how you do it exactly? I am now a total noob, but willing to learn :D

I second this notion! I'd love to learn how to do simple mods like this, but I'm terribly new and not familiar with a lot of things (such as GECK... I'm honestly not even sure what that stands for. I imagine the CK bit means Creation Kit, but other than that I just ?????)

I don't know if this has ever been asked before, i could not find it in the forums. But i am looking for cuts, scars and bruises for type 6 and or type 3 body's. There are a few mods and resources for your character's face but none for the body. The wasteland is unforgiving and i find it weird that the body didn't suffer at all haha. If possible i would also like to learn how to create my own but i have no idea where to begin?

So there you have it, my request :D

Shameless self-promotion. There's a mod out there that redesigns *every* injured or dead person in the Wasteland. Could be what you're looking for. Also rumor has it that the next version of this mod is including character revoices.

Edited by Dracomies

I second this notion! I'd love to learn how to do simple mods like this, but I'm terribly new and not familiar with a lot of things (such as GECK... I'm honestly not even sure what that stands for. I imagine the CK bit means Creation Kit, but other than that I just ?????)

GECK stands for Garden of Eden Creation Kit. In several of the Fallout games (and in Fallout lore in general), several vaults are equipped with one or more GECKs. The idea is that after the vaults are opened, the GECK allows them to rebuild the world. In the game, the GECK is a small suitcase-like thing containing seeds, fertilizer, a power source, a simple replicator, and other tools necessary for the vault-dwellers to rebuild the world.

In Fallout 3, they named the world editor the GECK, since like the game-lore version of the GECK, you use it to build worlds. The name GECK was used for the Fallout 3 and the Fallout New Vegas creation kit. For Fallout 4, they used the more generic name Creation Kit which is the name shared with Skyrim's editor. The Oblivion version was called the TES Construction Set. These are all variations of the same basic editor. There are differences between the different editors, but once you learn one of them, transitioning to another is relatively easy. They all originated with Morrowind's editor. Fallout 1 and 2 were tile based and used a completely different game engine. I don't know if they ever released a Fallout 1 and 2 game editor.

If I get enough free time this week I'll put together a quick tutorial for how to make custom scarred and tattoed faces and bodies.

Edited by madmongo

• 4 weeks later...

GECK stands for Garden of Eden Creation Kit. In several of the Fallout games (and in Fallout lore in general), several vaults are equipped with one or more GECKs. The idea is that after the vaults are opened, the GECK allows them to rebuild the world. In the game, the GECK is a small suitcase-like thing containing seeds, fertilizer, a power source, a simple replicator, and other tools necessary for the vault-dwellers to rebuild the world.

In Fallout 3, they named the world editor the GECK, since like the game-lore version of the GECK, you use it to build worlds. The name GECK was used for the Fallout 3 and the Fallout New Vegas creation kit. For Fallout 4, they used the more generic name Creation Kit which is the name shared with Skyrim's editor. The Oblivion version was called the TES Construction Set. These are all variations of the same basic editor. There are differences between the different editors, but once you learn one of them, transitioning to another is relatively easy. They all originated with Morrowind's editor. Fallout 1 and 2 were tile based and used a completely different game engine. I don't know if they ever released a Fallout 1 and 2 game editor.

If I get enough free time this week I'll put together a quick tutorial for how to make custom scarred and tattoed faces and bodies.

Ahhh, thanks for clearing that up for me!