I've made myself a player house which I will upload to the Nexus when it is finished, I just have one problem: I want to add a small quest that activates when leaving the Tutorial or straight away if you've already done that. This quest will give you the key and deed upon activating and then directs you to the house, once in the house it will compete.

I know it would be easier to just have the key to the house on it's door step but that's not immersive enough for me.

I've looked for tutorials for quests but I haven't found any that don't include NPC's, I'm not new to the Construction Set but I've yet to dabble in questing, though I know basic scripting.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please, I've almost mastered every aspect of the Construction Set (also Fallout's G.E.C.K. and the Skyrim Creation Kit) except quests, I haven't had a reason to until now.

first off, what is the name of your mod?

Edit: When you get back on, here is all the information that I will need from you to help you compile the quest and script.

Mod Name

If there is a map marker, I need its editor ID

The key's editor ID

If there is a deed, I need its editor ID as well. That should be about it

Edited by lupicatalum

Mod name: Elvenwatch Manor (not trying to steal my idea are you? lol)

No map marker (it's located in the Imperial City)

Key ID: EWManorKey

Deed ID: EWManorDeed

Quest Related Letter ID: EWMysteriousLetter

Edited by TanisDuncan

open the script editor and past this into it. If you have any questions about what any of it means, feel free to ask.

scn ElvenwatchManor

begin gamemode

if ( GetStage ElvenwatchManor <= 0 ) && ( Player.IsInCombat == 0 ) && ( GetStage CharacterGen >= 88 ) && ( Player.GetinCell ImperialDungeon03 == 0 )
SetStage ElvenwatchManor 10
endif

Edited by lupicatalum

Done.

The quest name is EWManorQuest do I put that where it says "( GetStage ElvenwatchManor <= 0 )"

Edited by TanisDuncan