• 15 - 17
    • 18 - 21
    • 22 - 25
    • 26 - 30
    • 31 - 40
    • 41 - 50
    • 51 - 60
    • 61+

I’m 33, I’m already at that age when they don’t worry and are proud of their age

Ahh ... one third of the way to the century mark. I have a dim memory of that day but the one where I passed the two thirds mark is much fresher (was only a few months ago, as you actually need to get to 66.66 years for that milestone).

Enjoy it while it lasts, the half century will be upon you faster than you think possible.

They say the second 60 years are the hardest.

I'm not an awful long way down that particular part of the trail and I can tell you I already realise it's not going to easier than the first 60, that's for certain.

At least my speed is on par with everybody else's ... one day at a time.

I hit 70 in Oct. 2019, so not that far out front of you. My biggest real accomplishment in the last year has been some serious weighf loss. Before my birthday last year, I sold my pickup truck and bought an e-bike. Between it and a recently modified diet, I've lost a total of 15 lbs. I'm hoping to get down to 190 by the end of this year, another 18 lbs. That one day at a time has gotten a bit easier. Sadly it hasn't improved my gameplay that much.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m 33, I’m already at that age when they don’t worry and are proud of their age

Ahh ... one third of the way to the century mark. I have a dim memory of that day but the one where I passed the two thirds mark is much fresher (was only a few months ago, as you actually need to get to 66.66 years for that milestone).

Enjoy it while it lasts, the half century will be upon you faster than you think possible.

They say the second 60 years are the hardest.

I'm not an awful long way down that particular part of the trail and I can tell you I already realise it's not going to easier than the first 60, that's for certain.

At least my speed is on par with everybody else's ... one day at a time.

I hit 70 in Oct. 2019, so not that far out front of you. My biggest real accomplishment in the last year has been some serious weighf loss. Before my birthday last year, I sold my pickup truck and bought an e-bike. Between it and a recently modified diet, I've lost a total of 15 lbs. I'm hoping to get down to 190 by the end of this year, another 18 lbs. That one day at a time has gotten a bit easier. Sadly it hasn't improved my gameplay that much.

LOL ... only hope I've found for that is stop killin' and don't be afraid of the console. Of course both those segue into my favourite "Striker mini-game" so I can't say which was the cart and which was the horse, but I seem to be discovering new things and obscure pathways to follow so I'm happy.

I don't own a scale (never have) ... notches in the belt or tightness of the elastic are my primary weight approximation tools. Guess it helps that I only buy new clothes on a semi-decadal basis, which keeps the "calibration" of the tool within limits.

Less Striker would probably be a good thing, but good things don't always come to pass. I settle for the same amount of Striker and consider that a win.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to remember one of the ways to think of how old I am that I was taught before I became aware of how to write how old I am.

Holding up my hands and showing how many years old I am with my fingers would take a LONG TIME! :woot: Wow!

Including months, weeks, and days until my next birthday?! Wow! I think I'll just write the words to describe my present age. If you don't mind? I'll do it the long way.

In child years: 1 1/2

Wear and tear Years: 70

Months: Um? 10

Weeks: um?

Days: Um?

Hours: um?

Minutes: um?

Seconds: um?

Nanoseconds: Alot!

:woot:

Wow! That won't take as long as showing you using all my fingers. :laugh:

On second thought I will leave it up to you to get better acquainted with me; so you don't have to ask. :wink:

I'm trying to remember one of the ways to think of how old I am that I was taught before I became aware of how to write how old I am.

Holding up my hands and showing how many years old I am with my fingers would take a LONG TIME! :woot: Wow!

Including months, weeks, and days until my next birthday?! Wow! I think I'll just write the words to describe my present age. If you don't mind? I'll do it the long way.

Years: more than enough

Months: less than 12

Weeks: 4 or less

Days: somewhere between 1 and 30 (or maybe 31, or could be 28 ... oh wait, sometimes 29)

Hours: definitely less than 24

Minutes: anywhere you like as long as it's not less than zero or more than 59

Seconds: same as above (fingers are getting tired)

Nanoseconds: what's your favourite number ... stay between one and a billion

On second thought I will leave it up to you to get better acquainted with me; so you don't have to ask. :wink:

Took the liberty of filling in some numbers (sort of numbers) for you Paga. :laugh:

Edited by Striker879

I'm getting older everyday :sad:

That's only temporary.

LOL ... define "temporary" (and please be generous).

Days: somewhere between 1 and 30 (or maybe 31, or could be 28 ... oh wait, sometimes 29)

Took the liberty of filling in some numbers (sort of numbers) for you Paga. :laugh:

Wow! :woot: That must have been fun! :laugh:

Now all of those who find it amuses them can use it too; to impress those who want to amuse themselves with others when asking the oldest question of all time, "How old are you?"

Wow! :woot: That must have been fun! :laugh:

Now all of those who find it amuses them can use it too; to impress those who want to amuse themselves with others when asking the oldest question of all time, "How old are you?"

Yes I will admit to a chuckle or two while working out the "math".

On the subject ... does this seem at all familiar to you too Paga:

https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2020/07/12