Hey everyone. I have an issue that I believe is being caused by the shaders and the ENB. I'm using TDOGH's Photorealistic ENB

I have no issues other than this. I had shadow flickering, but enabled WaitBusyRender (which is smoother on my 860m anyway). I had the Transparent Camera Overlay (weapons/hands) but installed LogicDragon's Enhanced Camera mod to fix it. All that's left is this little bugger.

The issue only occurs in shops, and only when the owner is in my line of sight. Everything becomes very dark and silhouetted. As soon as I turn far enough so that he or she is off-screen, the issue disappears until they enter the shot again. Here are some screenshots from inside Hack 'N' Slash:

http://s30.postimg.org/f2om0dw9d/2015_03_28_00001.jpg

As you can see here, everything is very dark and the Owner is within sight.

http://s17.postimg.org/s0fdl15rz/2015_03_28_00002.jpg

And here the lighting is perfectly normal. As you can tell, the owner of the shop is not in the scene. I am standing next to him.

The issue does not persist when I disable the ENB, which I am not willing to do. Any ideas about how to fix this? Or at least what's causing it?

repeat the shots in 3rd person please, allow us to see both NPC's in the shots.

Okay, I switched to third person. When in third person, the effect never went away, regardless of the angle or who was visible.

http://s27.postimg.org/4xl1hwahf/2015_03_29_00001.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/f6oxaz3rh/2015_03_29_00002.jpg

Let me know what else you need.

ok, the issue is tied directly to the cameras, on this site..and I will track it down there is a tut on how the cameras work.

basically here, I see in first person ,the depth camera is effected and the reflecting cameras are active.

in 3rd person mode, it all remains the same...if this is correct? it takes to you the exact camera data causing the problem, but, you have a setup using two kinds of scripted camera effects with in the ENB system...all at the same time.

IF this was to be said "loaded" into Mod orginiser so to isolate the two separate types of ENB tweaks your using, you can narrow down which file is the cause.

Oblivion uses I believe the same exact shader's as fallout 3 did ? or Visa vesrsa...

shader 13 or 14 ? I can't recall was screwed up and that one shader packet will set this all up and render things in the weirdest way's

back up the shaders you have else where, copy shader 13 to the desktop...rename IT to 14 ,and copy that back and over write 14's shader and test. see what takes place, also please note down any other strange things that occur at this moment in time...it's important.

Edited by Purr4me

ok, the issue is tied directly to the cameras, on this site..and I will track it down there is a tut on how the cameras work.

basically here, I see in first person ,the depth camera is effected and the reflecting cameras are active.

in 3rd person mode, it all remains the same...if this is correct? it takes to you the exact camera data causing the problem, but, you have a setup using two kinds of scripted camera effects with in the ENB system...all at the same time.

IF this was to be said "loaded" into Mod orginiser so to isolate the two separate types of ENB tweaks your using, you can narrow down which file is the cause.

Oblivion uses I believe the same exact shader's as fallout 3 did ? or Visa vesrsa...

shader 13 or 14 ? I can't recall was screwed up and that one shader packet will set this all up and render things in the weirdest way's

back up the shaders you have else where, copy shader 13 to the desktop...rename IT to 14 ,and copy that back and over write 14's shader and test. see what takes place, also please note down any other strange things that occur at this moment in time...it's important.

Shader 13 is the defective one. I read a tutorial to correct flickering by swapping it with 17 before but it didn't help. Replace Shader 13 with a copy of 14 and voila, problem solved. Thanks for your help. I'm going to keep this thread open for a bit longer in case there are any more issues.

ok I was not sure , it's a very small piece of knowledge stuck in the back of my mind and rarely do I access that area, I replaced all of my shaders anyways with updates so none of mine would work for you.

Some ''''? "scenes" <--that right ? I have made ,screen shots of in game developments for fallout 3 go way beyond anything ever possible, Just for those shots...game is playable to an extent ,but with all things comes drawbacks with what we choose to do.

I used shaders in way's to mask or improve upon a scene just for one shot...wipe the hard drive and start over clean.

that room I see here you posted....Me, I would put in there some sort of mist... a creepy mist, make it really spooky and creepy looking.

your welcome .

kittty

Glad I kept this open. I have a couple of artifacts that pop up at certain angles. What do you think?

http://s1.postimg.org/ss28zg79r/2015_03_31_00001.jpg

Notice the "negative" candle above the compass. It appears inside the wall.

http://s16.postimg.org/bq85xv6hx/2015_03_31_00002.jpg

To the tight is a bright, white "helmet" shape. It appears over the candles on the counter.

If this is another shader issue, would it be a good idea to try a new set of shaders?

that's the EMB file causing that, not shader...it's effecting the *.nif files calls to the texture...check the steam overlay settings and make sure it matches the system display correctly...if the settings are even slightly different, reset steam.

1rst shots shows a reflection...a duplicate leak in the display overlay.

I answered the second one.

that's the EMB file causing that, not shader...it's effecting the *.nif files calls to the texture...check the steam overlay settings and make sure it matches the system display correctly...if the settings are even slightly different, reset steam.

1rst shots shows a reflection...a duplicate leak in the display overlay.

I answered the second one.

Hmmm... The Steam overlay looks alright, but I can't find any settings pertaining to it to verify that it matches my monitor settings.

ok well then we do this the hard way.

in game console click the item, top of the screen the object will have a number, write that number down, then type GBO

wtir it's number down, locate the data both in the tes kit and edit and windows.

if it is not a loose file ,use a tool to extract the files related to it and place them into the games current directory as displayed in the path statements listed in the esm or esp ? which ever has control of that object.

run the game again....IF these things here are loose files? replace them with another source...not the same source.

if they are default files retained within a bsa archive, do as instructed and repeat.

what we want is to tract down where and what the anomalies came from and try to find a way to fix it.

Please by all means, take your time, study the bug thoroughly ,make sure it can be fixed...post results.

if you have the name of that exact cell? post the cell ID so I can console to it my self...not that it matters much here, I like that room.