Final Fantasy 13-2 Music mod

MordethKai

Hi, I'm new to modding, in fact haven't atempted to modify a program in about 20 years which was basic skin modding in Quake 2, easy stuff. I'm not a programer either.

Basicaly I want to mod the music in Final fantasy 13-2 for the pc. I have a lot of difficulty hearing dialogue over the music, and it has been my biggest problem for the XIII series (aside from the first one being linear, imagine if skyrim stoped being open world and minimized their optional content and you will understand why long time fans were upset). I have seen plenty of other people requesting volume controls for the game, or a way to turn the music off entirely. It is my understanding that FF XIII-2 is not mod friendly, to put it mildly, but if it can be done I would like to do it, since no one else is.

Here is my plan.

Hi, I'm new to modding, in fact haven't attempted to modify a program in about 20 years which was basic skin modding in Quake 2, easy stuff. I'm not a programmer either.

Basically I want to mod the music in Final fantasy 13-2 for the pc. I have a lot of difficulty hearing dialogue over the music, and it has been my biggest problem for the XIII series (aside from the first one being linear, imagine if skyrim stopped being open world and minimized their optional content and you will understand why long time fans were upset). I have seen plenty of other people requesting volume controls for the game, or a way to turn the music off entirely. It is my understanding that FF XIII-2 is not mod friendly, to put it mildly, but if it can be done I would like to do it, since no one else is.

Here is my plan.

1st I would like to find a way to mute the music entirely by removing it from the game or replacing it with empty audio.

2nd After 1 is accomplished I would like to rip the audio, edit it to reduced volume levels and release 3 separate options, one with 75% volume level, one with 50%, and one at 25% and release it with those options so people can at least have a choice, albeit a limited one.

3rd if possible I would like to set something up to allow people to replace the game music with their own.

Last, if I can manage the above, I would like to find a way, if possible, to place volume controls for music, sfx, and vocals in the game, though that may be too ambitious, or impractical to the point of being more trouble than its worth, but first things first.

Being a total novice and unsure where to start, I was wondering if anyone had advice on where to begin extracting and replacing the audio, and also looking for tool recommendations (assuming I won't need to learn some programing language or how to hack with a hex editor...). Any constructive advice would be most welcome.

1st I would like to find a way to mute the music entirely by removing it from the game or replacing it with empty audio.

2nd After 1 is acomplished I would like to rip the audio, edit it to reduced volume levels and release 3 seperate options, one with 75% volume level, one with 50%, and one at 25% and release it with those options so people can at least have a choice, albeit a limited one.

3rd if possible I would like to set something up to allow people to replace the game music with their own.

Last, if I can manage the above, I would like to find a way, if possible, to place volume controls for music, sfx, and vocals in the game, though that may be too ambitious, or impractical to the point of being more trouble than its worth, but first things first.

Being a total novice and unsure where to start, I was wondering if anyone had advice on where to begin extracting and replacing the audio, and also looking for tool recomendations (assuming I won't need to learn some programing language or how to hack with a hex editor...). Any constructive advice would be most welcome.