Just got morrowind any major mods I need

Deleted19575669User

Hello all.

Sorry for jumping into this thread, but as it's sort of about the same thing, I didn't want to start a new thread.

So here goes:

I'm waiting for the arrival of Morrowind GOTY and have got some mods for it, which I think will address the things I wanted to change the last time(s) I played it. I also wanted to check the load/install order and so on. I'll list the ones I've got so far in the load order I think they should be in. If I've got anything wrong please let me know. Any help would be much appreciated.

1) Morrowind Patch Project V1.2.2b

2) Morrowind code patch 19510-2-1 (these Nos. are below the winrar zip books icon)

3) Morrowind Mod manager 26260

4) Nexus Mod Manager legacy 0.52.3 (is this the same as the one used for Fallout 3? I know I won't need both 3 and 4, but which is best?)

5) MGSO 3 final

6) MGSO 3 Doors 43109-1-0

7) MGE XE 41102--0-9-10

:cool: Ice cave texture fix 43523-1-0

9) Dynamic Morrowind Towns latest Update 43147--0

10) Dopey NPC's 43586-Beta4

What I'm looking for, is a Morrowind that's more stable (who isn't?), that's prettier, has better lithging and shadows, that has distant scenery and people who move about, maybe even walk places or go indoors etc.

Thanks.

EDIT : Dunno why the '8' in my list is a smiley.

Edited by seany65

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Recommendations for New Players (Bethsoft)

You want 1.6.6 of the UMP not 1.2.2 (that's just for people with Morrowind without expansions)

Assorted MGSO fixes here: Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics 3.0 (Bethsoft)

I'd avoid NMM for Morrowind (and Oblivion) as very few mods are actually packaged for it. And most Morrowind mods aren't on Nexus. I don't know Morrowind Mod Manager but I'd recommend Wrye Mash and its installers tab, it's a pretty must have tool for managing your mods and save games too.

Edited by Dragon32

Thanks Dragon32.

Hmm, what the ruddy-blink is 'UMP'?

Just looked at the MGSO fixes thread. Morrowind modding seems more complicated than Fallout 3.

It looks like I'll prolly have to D/L the code patch, the MPP and MG XE again just to be sure that I've got the latest ones that came out after MGSO 3.0.

I'd read about your comment on NMM in another thread after I'd posted above, so I'll dump it. I've got the standalone wrymash.

Thanks again for such a quick reply.

Thanks Dragon32. I did begin to think that after seeing "Morrowind patch 1.6.6_beta" ubnder the 'books' icon.

Do I take it that if I have "Dynamic Morrowind Towns latest update" I won't need "Morrowind comes alive"?

As far as I can remember, a TES version is installed automatically when installing the game, but it also comes with the TES on a separate disc, anyone know why this is so? Do I need to isnatll the separate version at all?

Edited by seany65

Sorry, what do you mean by TES? That's The Elder Scrolls, so Morrowind is TES III, Oblivion is TES IV etc.

Morrowind Comes Alive adds new NPCs (commoners, nobles, warriors, bandits etc.) who wander around towns and in the wilderness. If Dynamic Morrowind Towns is like Living Cities of Vvardenfell then that will only affect NPCs added by the base game. MCA (and Starfire's NPC Additions) bring life to Morrowind by adding new NPCs, LCV gives the vanilla game NPCs schedules.

Sorry dragon32, By 'TES' I meant 'The Elder Scrolls Construction Set' which is installed at the same time as Morrowind, but also comes on a separate disc in the 4-disc version of the GOTY edition.

I installed the GOTY game and all the add-ons that I have. I then unzipped each add-on by unzipping it into C:hard drive - Program Files - Bethesda Softworks - Morrowind. This has led to a few questiions, which I hope someone can answer.

1) Why does the Morrowind patch 1.6.5 have TWO entries in the Data Files section of the window that opens with 'Play', 'Data Files' etc. list?

2) Why does the Morrowind Patch 1.6.6 not show up in this list? I can't tell wether it's been installed or not.

3) I installed WryMash, and I think it worked 'cos it worked on MLOX and other bits. But it seems to have been a 'one-off' thing. It hasn't appeared in my 'Start' list so that I can run it when I want. Is this how it's supposed to be?

4) I installed Morrowind Cod epatch 2.1, I later installed MGSO 3 and from what I can remember, part of this was that it installed Morrowind code Patch, (dunno what version though). Is this a different version to the separate version 2.1 file?

5) MGSO has a Graphics extender (0.9 I think), is this the same thing as 'MGE 3.8.0b'? I inslalled this and 'MGE 3.8.2-rev 0178' (as I thought it was a patch for MGE 3.8.0b), but when used MGSO, the Graphics Extender was still shown as '0.9'. What have I done wrong?

6) I installed Dynamic Morrowind- Towns Latest Udpate.. While there are a lot of people about (Yay!), everywhere I went there were half-naked thugs going about attacking people and the Guards did nothing, I had an armour rating of 15 and a Iron spark longsword and they hit me 2 or 3 times and I'd die. Is this right? Is there any way of not having these thugs everywhere?

There are other questions, but that's enough for now.

I hope other forumites apart Dragon32 can help. I wouldn't want Dragon32 to have be the only one doing this work in helping newbies.

Edited by seany65

I've just done a big re-install of all that stuff and I was a bit mistaken! :blush: It was acutally MGSO 3 that fiddled with MLOX and so on, not Wrymash. My fault for doing it all past midnight.

Anyway, one question has been answered by the re-install that I did. I now know that MGSO does install the 'Code Patch' but it's version 2.0 and so I installed version 2.1 separately.

I was Looking at the files in the root folder (C: Local Disc - Program Files - Bethesda Softworks - Morrowind) and sae that "Morrowind Patch V 1.6.6_beta", all "Dopey NPC" files and what looks like most "Morrowind Comes Alive" files have that "Windows (in this case XP) can't open this file" Icon. Does that matter?

I can't actually tell if "Morrowind Comes Alive" has actually been installed properly. How many extra NPC's should show up in Seyda Neen and what should they be doing? Is the NPC "JUJU" part of MCA? She seems to be getting everywhere.

Edited by seany65

Juju is added by Atmospheric Sound Effects to control what songs are played in taverns and inns. BTB has a version with her removed. Dunno if the MGSO people made changes to the copy of Atmospheric Sound Effects bundled in MGSO though.

I'd say not to install Morrowind in Program Files as you'll run into problems with UAC and folder virtualisation. You can move it.

MCA NPCs have generic names like "commoner" and "noble" so should be easy to identify.

One thing to bear in mind with MGSO is that when you change its options it'll re-install all its stuff, overwriting any updates to plugins and MGE etc. you may have updated.

Thanks Dragon32. I see trhe other members are still leaving it all to you. At least you know what you're talking about.

I'll look out for the 'commoners' etc. There don't seem to be many more NPC's than normal, (if it is installed) and there hasn't been any going between towns. This is different to "Dynamic Morrowind latest update, but at least there aren't dozens of half-naked thugs going about attacking people while the guards stand about doing nothing.

What's "UAC"? What's "Folder virtualzation"? Do these matter if I have XP SP3?

I like what MGSO has done with the dust storms, but I was wondering if there's any way of stopping the dusty wind actually coming through the buildings when the player is outside them?

I'd also like to know if there's any way of stopping the "Crying baby" sounds my character does when hit?