NVSE not Running!

FrostFlake

I see that this is a zombie thread, so I'm probably out of luck, but when I click the Loader, it says that it can not find Fallout NV.exe. Also, I tried the in-game console command getNVSEVersion, and it is not there. But I have it installed in the right place, according to everywhere I've looked.

I imagine this is why I see so many mods that state "NVSE not required", since I see many people on modding forums with the same problem.

Edited by trog69

I see that this is a zombie thread, so I'm probably out of luck, but when I click the Loader, it says that it can not find Fallout NV.exe. Also, I tried the in-game console command getNVSEVersion, and it is not there. But I have it installed in the right place, according to everywhere I've looked.

I imagine this is why I see so many mods that state "NVSE not required", since I see many people on modding forums with the same problem.

I deleted everything related to this, and started over. I was finally successful, though I didn't do the install like it was described at the NVSE site, and am now enjoying the Project Nevada and AWOP mods. Rather than trying to plug the files into the Fallout: NV folder, I extracted NVSE to my desktop, then let FOMM take it from there. Smooth as silk.

EDIT: I know I'm talking to myself, but I'm so p/o right now, I can't see straight. Everything was running fine, until I left OWB. Now, Save games do not load, and when I do get one to load, NVSE is now not found. I did nothing to these files, except play the game. Unbelievable. I am fated to never be able to use mods.

Edited by trog69

• 5 months later...
I finally got NVSE to work. I installed the 4gb version and the beta versions correctly, but it still didn't work. I moved my Steam folder out of Program Files (x86), but no luck. I clicked Run As Admin, no luck. Then I checked properties on the NVSE Loader and unchecked the BLOCK APPLICATION box. DOH! Works now. :)

I finally got NVSE to work. I installed the 4gb version and the beta versions correctly, but it still didn't work. I moved my Steam folder out of Program Files (x86), but no luck. I clicked Run As Admin, no luck. Then I checked properties on the NVSE Loader and unchecked the BLOCK APPLICATION box. DOH! Works now. :)

Good for ya! I got it to run by taking the .dll and .exe files out of the NVSE folder and dragging them into the FNV directory. Same place, just out of the folder. Works great now.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Please don't resurrect old threads. Start your own.

Do you have 7Zip installed? The file you downloaded is a 7Zip "archive" package. You have to unpack it first before you can install it. Please see the 'Terminology' and other sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Specific instructions for NVSE are in the 'Checklist item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-