Habassa: The RPG

Peregrine

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Saeroth Varole:

As you sit down in the bar, you notice that the room is empty except for a man cleaning up some trash left after a busy night. Apparently hearing you enter, he turns around and walks over. "Sorry, if its drinks you're looking for, we're closed. All I've got is rooms for the night, and if you aren't quick, that'll be gone too."

To Kyrykki:

Despite your caution, the night is quiet and uneventful. A few hours into the night, a half naked drunk Nord walks by, saying something unpleasant sounding about witches and clothing. From the noises you soon hear coming from the bathroom at the end of the hall, it seems that he has had a few too many drinks. But that is all the excitement you see.

To Other Characters:

You have no trouble finding your rooms. Though not the best luxury you have ever seen and a bit lacking in decoration, the beds are good. Soon, you are asleep, and dreaming of more interesting things.

OOC: This post is b4 the characters go to sleep.

IC: Reylas tarries a few moments longer in the common room, waiting until the others have cleared out before taking the offered room key. Padding up the stairs quietly to the rooms, and notes the same fellow who'd taken such interest in him earlier. Prodding the man, who seems to be doing too an elaborate job of pretending to sleep, Reylas asks, "I couldn't help but notice your attentions. Is there something you'd like to discuss, perhaps?"

Kyrykki's pretence is clearly not fooling the wood elf.

"Listen, fella. I've been forced to hear to some ale-head, puking his guts up. It's the only thing that's happened tonight. I want some answers or some action. You don't have the former and since it seems we may have to be on the same side... Just go to bed pal. Maybe, if you're not as two-faced as most of your kind, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Or maybe I won't. Good night."

Kyrykki turns away and pretends to sleep again.

"How charming. A Nord, not drunk, yet irritable all the same. I think I'll take your advice and get some rest. As for you, your spirits are obviously low, and need refilling."

With that, Reylas overturns a jug of sujamma over Kyrykki's still form, and leaving the nord dripping, enters his room, and locks the door. He quickly enters a quiet slumber.

<ooc: this post was sent to me by pm, to make things go a bit quicker I'm going to add it myself>

Kyrykki can barely do more than laugh at such childish behaviour. But the gesture reinforces his opinion that the only good Wood Elf is a dead one. Using 'Tower Key' he opens the door into Reylas' room but does nothing more.

Let the man work out for himself where it could have gone from there. But Kyrykki would find it dishonourable to attack anyone while they were asleep.

Realising that unlocking Reylas's door makes the man vulnerable to other dangers, he pays as much attention to protecting him as he does Elbras and Corithalion.

Only as morning breaks and he hears the everyday sounds of the tavern stirring does he feel able to leave his watch.

He returns to his room to wash off the smell of Sujamma. One strike against the Elf. If it rises to three, he will have to challenge him.

Let the man

To All Characters:

The morning sun coming in your window wakes you from your rest. Almost immediately, you notice a note on the floor telling you to be in the meeting room at 9am. The note is signed in the same way as the one that brought you here. From the appearance of the sky outside, you guess that you have just enough time to get there if you hurry. Dressing quickly, you come downstairs. Not suprisingly, the bartender is waiting for you. "I suppose you're here for that meeting." Without waiting for your response, he continues. "Second door on the left." He looks at you as if he doesn't expect to see you again in this world. "Good luck.... And just between you and me, I wouldn't suggest getting him mad at you...." With that, he walks off to serve some other patrons.

You get to the room within minuites of each other. A table and chairs take up most of the space in the middle, and suprisingly absent is anyone other than the people from the previous night. However, a light breakfast has been placed at each spot at the table, a fact looking very appealing right now.

To Kyrykki:

Oddly, even though you spot the note sitting only a few feet behind you, you have no memory of anyone coming into your room. And you are very sure that you never fell asleep.

<ooc: switch, just to get thing together correctly, you wake up at 9:00 instead>

Kyrykki smiles superciliously at Reylas and sits beside Elbras.

"Good morning, friend. I wish I could say that a peaceful night eased my worries. And it was a peaceful night. I was awake and watched until I heard you all stirring. Yet someone has broken into all rooms including mine! I have a feeling that there is one here who is skilled in the arts of magic and can make themselves invisible at will. Dispel is not a skill, I possess. I will, for the moment, concentrate on my breakfast. But we should keep our sword arms at the ready."

Kyrykki nods at Corithalion.

He wonders if the others will introduce themselves.

Avelyn looks around the room. After taking a small bite from the food infront of him, he pushes the plate back, and then stands up.

"Well, since it seems we are all gonna be together for at least a while, I would like to introduce myself properly. I am Avelyn, a monk of spirit and mind. And, if you would all be so kind, who are all of you?" He smiles, and sits back down to wait for a response.

Kyrykki notes the smile and wonders if it stops at Avelyn's lips or extends to his heart. So easy to mislead....

The man seems - Kyrykki cannot be sure - it seems that he has come down in the world. Perhaps he has fallen on hard times or perhaps he has been in jail. Certainly Kyrykki is sure the man once possessed skills at a much higher level than his posture and attitude suggests he has now.

Being in prison means nothing, though. Kyrykki has met unscrupulous rulers, merchants and guildsmen that, for their own purposes, accuse the innocent of crimes that have never been committed.

He is disposed to give Avelyn the benefit of the doubt.

He returns a smile and tells those in the room his name. He does not elaborate.

Archived