• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

DeepEuphoria

DeepEuphoria

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Hi all, I need a little help with the "moveto player" and "player.moveto" commands please.

I have a few mods installed that add new creatures and NPCs, but after nearly 300 hours into by current playthrough, I hadn't run into some of them yet, so I thought I would use the console to move my character to the creatures to see where it/they are spawning using the "player.moveto" command. This unfortunately didn't work. So I tried "moveto player" to see if they where spawning in-game at all and that didn't work either. I know I have the correct IDs for them as I can spawn clones in using "player.placeatme" no problem. I also tried doing this with Vanilla creatures like fire ants and rad scorpions, but it still doesn't work I get the same error message:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 1:
Item '(ID)' not found for paramete object ID.
Compiled script not saved

Could someone help me out with what I am doing wrong please, or tell me if this means something is broken with my game???

Appreciate any help,

Thanks

Edited by euphoria4949, 05 April 2015 - 03:02 PM.

M48A5

M48A5

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts

In order to move an NPC, you need to reference the NPC before typing the command.  For example:  Using Sydney from FO3, you would first type "Prid 00003a77", press enter, then type "moveto player" and press enter. To move the player, the command would be:  "player.moveto 00003a77" and press enter.  You use the Reference Identification number (Ref ID), not the Base Identification number (Base ID).

DeepEuphoria

DeepEuphoria

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

In order to move an NPC, you need to reference the NPC before typing the command.  For example:  Using Sydney from FO3, you would first type "Prid 00003a77", press enter, then type "moveto player" and press enter. To move the player, the command would be:  "player.moveto 00003a77" and press enter.  You use the Reference Identification number (Ref ID), not the Base Identification number (Base ID).

Arrrh right ok, thank you. But I did just read another thread where someone said to type "Prid xxxx" first, so I just tried it and I get the same error message when I press enter after typing Prid xxxx.

I'm trying to use the "Form ID" for the creatures/NPCs I found in GECK, which from what I have just read somewhere else, is incorrect. I should be using the Reference ID for moveto commands.

How could I find the unique Ref ID for a creature that's already placed in the world, I'm not sure if these creatures are actually spawning as I haven't run into any???

Thank you.

Edited by euphoria4949, 05 April 2015 - 04:43 PM.

M48A5

M48A5

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,458 posts

If the creatures or NPC is from the vanilla game, you can find the Ref Id here:  http://fallout.gamep...om/Fallout_Wiki

If you need to Ref Id for something added by a mod, you would need to use FNVEdit http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/34703/?

and the training manual http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/38413/?

DeepEuphoria

DeepEuphoria

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Well I've used FNVEdit a bit recently so I loaded it up and went through all the info relating to a creature, but it doesn't show a Ref ID, only Base ID.

Any ideas??

Edited by euphoria4949, 05 April 2015 - 09:05 PM.

Vaterwolf

Vaterwolf

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 56 posts

I am having an issue that I don't see anyone on the forums or web sites has quite posted concerning Serana.  I seem to have lost her.  I have tried Prid 02002b74 and receive no error.  Then I have tried moveto player, the command takes, I exit the console screen and shes not there.  I try player.moveto 02002b74 and it moves me like next to myself...but no Serana.  I dont get an errors while using the commands in console mode.

Any help here?

DeepEuphoria

DeepEuphoria

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

I am having an issue that I don't see anyone on the forums or web sites has quite posted concerning Serana.  I seem to have lost her.  I have tried Prid 02002b74 and receive no error.  Then I have tried moveto player, the command takes, I exit the console screen and shes not there.  I try player.moveto 02002b74 and it moves me like next to myself...but no Serana.  I dont get an errors while using the commands in console mode.

Any help here?

Dude, you necroed a 5 and half year old thread, just make a new one.

dubiousintent

dubiousintent

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 8,878 posts

Indeed, start a new thread instead of resurrecting one that didn't produce a satisfactory result.  It's part of the Nexus Terms of Service.

But to give you a hint, most likely your problem is you have the wrong "mod index" in your reference.  Please see the "Issue - Find the source mod-index of an object in-game" under the 'Solutions to Graphics problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.  You also need to distinguish between the "Ref-ID" and the "Base-ID".  (Please see the 'GECK Form-ID, Base-ID, Ref-ID, and Editor-ID' section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.)  If you have NVSE installed, you can use the "GetBaseObject" (GBO) command to get the "Base-ID" of a "Ref-ID".

-Dubious-

zcul

zcul

old geezer

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,616 posts

Thank you dubiousintent.

@Vaterwolf, as dubiousintent said, you'd better start a new topic.

Thread locked.
Staff Ref.: https://forums.nexus...port&rid=218488

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.049 seconds