I like Vilja, an expansive and well fleshed out character, with many options and a lovely voice... but unfortunately her story arc is very limiting to the Dovahkin's RP, your Dovahkin really does need to fall into a fairly narrow RP range to play comfortably with Vilja, unfortunately my Dovahs tend to fall into an RP spectrum very at odds with Vilja. Though I generally prefer male Followers (if I use a Follower or two), favoring Stenvar and Hoth, I wouldn't mind checking out this Sofia, see if she fits my RP's. :)

I thought so at first too, but she is too glitchy for me. This was after dismounting from her horse at Shor's Stone. It was kind of funny to watch her running around legless I have to admit. Never seen this before in a follower mod. Deleted. Too bad, I really liked how she would engage other followers in dialogue. She was even nice to the waifu.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag64/djheraeus/Skyrim%20Other/Vilja_zpsgit7nlz9.jpg

Vilja's nice but for immersion you have to be a good character. I'm skeptical her personality type would work with an assassin. She even tut tuts when you join the thieves guild.

The gliding through the ground after riding glitch is a game engine bug and nothing to do with Vilja. It can even happen to the player!

My view is that if you're an assassin you probably shouldn't be taking followers along to visit your super-secret guild hall or on your missions. Of course if you want a character that actually lives in the sanctuaries and spend all of the time terrorizing the holds, then Vilja probably isn't for you.