186 replies to this topic

5poiler

5poiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
In response to post #24138834.

If you mean from the mod configuration menu, i only make 2 change from default in IFPV:
1. In General: Reset all to default (hide head) - then toggle for hotkey button
2. In Profile 15: Character turns where you look

What difference: screen is "clearer" reduce shaking even can do spinning power attacks move without jitters e.g. if you use my dual wield mod. Point no.2 makes your sight focus, like e.g. in dual wield blocking stance, camera will shows both your blocking hands symetrically in screen even when moving.

Edited by 5poiler, 07 April 2015 - 10:27 AM.

ys1989

ys1989

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
that's very cool!!Thank you very much.

starfis

starfis

Rogue Translator

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
In response to post #24138834. #24139164 is also a reply to the same post.

Thanks, it looks way better with that settings, but unfortunately still too shaky for my taste. I think I stay in 3rd person, your animations look best this way anyway.

Edited by starfis, 07 April 2015 - 11:24 AM.

sshina025

sshina025

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
In response to post #24134794. #24135214 is also a reply to the same post.

So does this mod run without the dual parrying mod? I want to download this but I don't care for dual wield blocking. Also, and this is silly, but how smoothly does Dual Wield Improved Animation and Stretch n Taunt Animation of yours work together with this? Thanks for reading this :)

Edited by sshina025, 07 April 2015 - 01:54 PM.

Poolshark78

Poolshark78

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 437 posts
These look really good, thanks for sharing! Downloading now, endorsement well deserved!

DaVincix

DaVincix

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
I've downloaded and installed this update already, currently using all your combat animations, since you released them: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/62928/? (just overwritten what i had formerly, ie. Immersive Animations plus another one which is also great but only offered partial animations: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/15930/? ).
Like your creative approach with animations a lot, great work! ... as of yet using your animation files without the here clarified quasi required mods.
As sitenote, when i play/combat in 1st person view, for me it looks like i would parry/block attacks in dual wield mode (right-hand sword, left-and dagger), weapons seem to clash if right-click is used in the right moment ... strange, but i think there is something in vanilla or it comes by the set mix of mods which i use (thus not 100 % sure ... if i really need the required Parrying mod for your "blocking" animations).

My concern now is with the requirement for this new set of blocking (parrying) animations, Dual Wield Parrying: http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/9247/? ... which seems to be quite plagued by "bugs", rather issues (looking at the posts there), also many questions of users are not answered.
I checked then an alternative linked by one of the posters there: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/52979/? ... which claims to have fixed some bugs with the original Parrying mod, but then, it seems that comes with horse combat issues.
The whole dual wield item concerns also the one and other magic/spell mod and combat mods, which deal with effects.

5poiler, seems you have not a single of those issues reported there in the Parrying posting section, as you base your dual wield parrying animations on this mod ... is this really the case, no oddities in your game, perhaps you even have fixed some odds with your animations, is that possible?
Same kind of question applies as for your recommended 1st person mod, Immersive First Person View.
Could it be because of a pretty bare setup, meant is possibly much vanilla in your data folder?

Just relevant, because most players here use between 100 and 255 alone esm/esp/bsa mods (i have always ca. 155 of those active).

Especially important points, merely question to XPMS, Dual Sheath Redux, Realistic Ragdoll Force and FNIS users like me: Any bugs or issues whatsoever experienced with this set of mod combinations?

Just one thing is a quick install of hkx files ( 5poiler's mod files, which are very welcome without esp ;) ) which can also be removed or replaced as quickly as installed - another thing is, if the quasi required mods have skse etc. impact on the whole game aka other mod files (i'm just fed up with installing/uninstalling files ... lol ... just would like to have some hints or still better, reliable information, if that is possible, ie. brief playing experiences).
I'll be patiently waiting for some player experiences, as it just concerns the dual wielding only ( whereas i use that a lot, mainly, in my current playthrough ), while every senseful hint is appreciated (please not "dude, check it out by yourself" ... would i write all that here, if i'm just willing to test every mod? No. I did this testing, tons of mods. I'm in a phase of a final mod setup, thus i'm pretty suspicious if the posting section of a mod page is quite full of issue-reports).

5poiler, when everything works like it seems for you, for everybody else, too, then i'll absoletely drop the 'file of the month' button for your animation files, whenever that comes into account, because your diligent and creative work deserves it (was myself a modder for many years, for another game branch though, and know exactly how much time/efforts it needs until one can release a proper file/s). Your pages/releases are endorsed anyway, that is no question, well deserved.

Edited by DaVincix, 07 April 2015 - 02:01 PM.

kahvipannu84

kahvipannu84

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Any hope for video for the dual-wield anims?

PieMan200

PieMan200

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
what amour is that?

ElSopa

ElSopa

Apple Juice Fan

• Premium Member
  • 6,787 posts
YESSSS

5poiler

5poiler

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
In response to post #24141689.

You can put all the .hkx files for dual wield blocking inside your game without using Dual Wield Parrying work and it will not affect your game. Vanilla mechanics control all of that, if you install required mods it will work - if you dont want to install DWP, vanilla mechanics will take over and plays original animation, its safe - only hkx edit wont affect the game.

For issues i dont have any, i use DWP v3.0 SKSE - or maybe because i didnt found it yet - or because my playstyle doesnt touch bugged things yet like mounted combat. Honestly i dont play skyrim as much as before.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.951 seconds