Ah I think I understand what you are getting at there Llama, that sounds like a perfect solution to my dilemma, thank you :dance:. Looks like i've got a heavy reading/learning/testing session ahead of me now, i'm sure it will make more sense once I familiarize myself with CRAFT functionality.

I may have to harass (pm) you once again if I ever run into a wall with this process, hope you don't mind :tongue:

You're welcome! And, ya, PM me if you have any questions.

Oh, I got the detail I was missing... my bad. I sent you an esp

No my bad I wasn't specific to which game, it's been amended in the initial post thanks for pointing that out. I will take a look at the esp and see what you did, thanks mate :)

FYI I do plan to do the same for FNV once I have FO3 version complete and online, depending on porting legality for certain items.

Well my lack of scripting knowledge has made all this independent schematics stuff too boggling for me, the only method I can wrap my head around right now is by having CRAFT as a required master. It's not ideal but I have to think about getting this mod finished without getting too sidetracked :( While every other method might seem easy for people familiar with programming, I am very much a noob with the language and can't see how to implement the system on my own.

Either that or leave this mod independent without schematics and just place everything in-game some other way...or make two alternate files to choose from.

I do want to include as much as I can but don't want to spend too much time trying to work this out, the CRAFT dependency is the quickest solution I can think of without worrying the headache of learning all this. Maybe I can make another mod after this using the info you guys provided, and then use that data for this but I know it's gonna take too long for me to learn and understand how this process works because I am too much of a programming/scripting noob. :psyduck:

Thanks anyway though, I will make allowances for editing the esp for an alternative file when the mod is online if anyone feels compelled to try all this out themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the crafting issue is resolved thanks to Fallout2am and the cool new system to work with (thanks again m8) :D

Got a few other things figure out now if possible

• In the FO3 GECK there is a test weapon for a grenade launcher, I do have a new model and I got it working great but would be nice to have an option to swap ammo with projectiles. I tried making a form list similar to the rock-it-lancher but it just hurls world objects.
  • I need a proper functional weapon script with a frenzy effect, my attempts don't work at all :(
  • Need new clutter item models, mainly 1) gas canister 2) small bag or pouch 3) seperated Auto Axe blade 4) loose rag, with collision and havok ideally. Otherwise any links to some usable clutter would be nice...even obj files if no nifs around!

I can hook you up with the clutter if you give me some reference pics. Bonus points if it's stuff from the game that I can take apart in Blender :thumbsup:

EDIT: Well, I had a bit of spare time, so, what do you think of these?
http://i.imgur.com/zOCT514.png
I attached them to the post now if you wanna download them, all are havoked and use vanilla textures. I didn't test them in game but they seemed to be working in the GECK.
As you can see the canister is the Flamer fuel ammo that I tweaked a bit in Blender. The pouch is part of the roving trader outfit. Maybe these would be good enough to tide you over until someone more skilled comes around :thumbsup:

Found another one, Dunce Cap! There is an unused object effect in the GECK made for this headgear which was never made, I would do a retex of the party hat if someone could stretch out the mesh into a longer cone?

...the only thing about this addition, the effect only lowers intelligence which was likely cut for being counter productive.