dks1

This is my next guild request. For this one you would become a guard, doing guard things (complaing about sweet rolls and arrows in your knees) such as patrol your hold, solve crimes.ex. theft, murder, assault, and trespassing. Aside from these you would also help or sentence people for their crimes. And as a side feature you could become corrupt, taking bribes, false sentencing, fake accusations, and extorting for money. So if you want a mod like this or know of a mod like this please let me know and also check out my other forums please thanks. its called psijic order mod and details are there check out my profile as well thanks again.

This would be an intense and very large scale mod because of the quest elements involved. That being said, I have to say I was very disappointed that this hasn't been explored either by Bethesda or any modders. I'd love to see a quest where you can join the city guard of one of the holds. A bootcamp like intro quest: cleaning up the barracks, sword drills and archery practice, hand to hand boxing matches. Then you advance to patrol duty in one of the outlying villages like Riverwood or protecting a mine. After completing a predetermined number of randomized objectives: breaking up fist fights, catching a thief, stopping a wild animal attack/vampire attack/raider attack/etc, you are promoted to City Guard and patrol the streets of one of the hold capitals. After again completing a number of low level quests, you become a sergeant. You handle higher profile missions: investigate murders, root out corrupt guards, rid your city of Thieves Guild hidouts, protect high profile citizens from the Dark Brotherhood, and go on missions outside the city helping your citizens or the Jarl (basically completing the Thane missions). When you finally reach the rank of Captain, you have completed the questline and become a Thane in the hold. You have the option to take reoccurring missions such as protecting the Jarl or his family, and you get a house in the hold instead of just a bunk in the barracks.

The problem with most of this is that it would require so many new interactions, especially the crime you'd be expected to stop. If this was Red Dead Redemption a lot of this would be vanilla: people brawling in the streets and having an iteration to stop them, catching thieves, saving people from wild animals, saving innocents from murderers. For Skyrim these would all require a LOT of work from scratch

But even if it wasn't nearly this deep, a mod in this direction would be extremely cool in my opinion

Thank you Ralin for taking the time to reply. I agree that it would be a big mod but worth it if someone created it. between our ideas this mod would be awesome and do really good. if someone did this they and us would get lots of glory for this. so lets just keep this post alive you and me and hope we get others posting as well and get this created. ( on a side note if you could check out my psijic order one that would be awesome.) thanks for posting and lets keep this going.