Diplomatic Immunity - entering the Embassy issue

LewisKossuth

Let us know how it works out for you. :smile:

So to possibly help future fellows with the same issue, I decided to try out all the logical combinations of your suggestions both before and after cleaning my mods. And the result is, well, nothing worked, lol. :laugh: Before I cleaned up the mods, I tried to simply pay my bounty in Markarth and go to the party. After that, I tried to pay my bounty in Markarth + get some in Solitude as well by punching the guard, and pay it right afterwards, then go to the party. Then I cleaned my mods, and first I tried to go to the party without doing anything, and then I've executed the same two methods: bounty paying in Markarth, and in Markarth + Solitude. So that was 5 miserable deaths if I'm counting it right.

Go into the console click on the door to the Embassy. type unlock. Once you are in the quest will continue.

But the good news is, if you happen to play with a massive gameplay overhaul, set the difficulty to novice, and manage to run to the door without losing 100% of your health, then quickly bring up the console and type what Jones suggested, and you are again quick enough to open the door without getting the final blow, well, then this method actually works. Once you're inside, nobody will hurt you, you can talk to the Elven Ambassador, then to the smuggler, and start the quest I suspect, but this was the moment when I quit. But I suppose everything after this will work as it was regularly scripted.

So there is actually one method to work this out that we know for sure with a little bit of in-game cheating, but without skipping the whole mission. And thanks to all of you once again, the good and most important thing is, I can carry on with this character without going to a previous save.

Also thanks for encouraging me to clean my mods! One thing is for sure now, I will not be scared of a mod that has multiple requirements for example, because now I know exactly what to do and in what order to do, to (I hope) properly mod my game. I couldn't imagine getting this far from playing with only SkyUI installed, to actually buy the Legendary edition and mod it to the way I like. Incredible this is, for an individual who often struggles with Microsoft Word and such softwares. :cool:

You're welcome, congrats for getting your problem solved, and a kudo for jones177 for that suggestion. I've never encountered it and might never have tried it myself.

:smile: