Missing Meshes and how to fix them

Guest deleted7103174

Think i got it now. Thank you for your help! =) If it was not the files being added, it may have been the actual launcher starting with different settings. Morrowind had the right files selected, but kept crashing when i tried to change anything. The morrowind launcher however would allow me to change settings, and the Rebirth Files were not selected. I had already installed the vurt files, and tried this at the same time. First time i tried to install the vurt files it did not work, so i clicked the actual files and just just dragged them into my texture files, instead of using the master file, this time it actually asked me what to do with the similar files already installed(copy,ignore,replace). I replaced them all from the link you sent me. Thank you for the help. =)

Didn't really follow that but it sounds like you've got things working :thumbsup: Good stuff.

• 1 year later...

So i've been wrestling this beast for two days. I'm completely new to the entire process of pc gaming and modding. Purchased morrowind on steam and downloaded overhaul and reborn as a lovely youtube video led the way.

Initial attempt wouldn't boot up. Second attempt (repeat entire process) game launches and works great for a couple hours. Upon restarting the game again today I now have missing files, which after a little digging seems pretty common.

I'm missing textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds which seems to be the root of many errors attached to meshes Flora_tree flora_knee flora_log etc. etc.

i attempted to removing some of the associated mesh files which made it run a little longer before crashing but again errors attached to missing files.

PLEASE! I've given up all hope of ever replaying this.... BUT I do want to partially understand where in the devil do these files go? ? ? they just *poof* disappear.

Once again my knowledge of computers is slim at best Thanks in advance

• 8 months later...

This thread helped me. Took a bit to decipher Dmills solution but its simple.

For this:

<snip>
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_Knee_03.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
Texture Load Error!: textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_Tree_12.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_Knee_04.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_Knee_02.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_Knee_01.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_Tree_13.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_log_01.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_BC_log_02.NIF" tex not found "textures\vurt_bitterbark.dds"!
<snip>

You're missing a single texture "vurt_bitterbark.dds"

It's included in "Vurt's Bitter Coast Trees II", you should reinstall that mod.

You say you're using MGSO. Unfortunately I have no idea how that manages mods and reinstalling them.

Looks like some people are having the same problem as you with Morrowind Rebirth.

If the whole MGSO thing doesn't work. Try downloading Vurt's mod from MMH and extract that one texture into your Data Files\Textures directory.

DL MMH link provided by Dragon32 and put it in Morrowind root folder. Replace all.

Thank you both.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It keeps telling me that I'm missing Flora_daybreaker.nif , Does anyone know where it comes from so I can just grab the file and put it into my data files?

Update: I fixed the missing daybreaker file by finding it on my computer and placing it back into the meshes folder under "f". Now, it's saying I'm missing Vurt_pinebark7.dds.

Update 2: I found the file in morrowind rebirth and simply put it into the textures folder. Everything is now fixed!!

Edited by DrivenTuna246

• 2 months later...

Mine isnt working either, i get this.

Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_5.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_extrav_2_f.
Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_4.
Model Load Error: Meshes\tr\b\TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif cannot load file in Meshes\tr\b\TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif.
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.
Model Load Error: Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Netch_M_cuirass3.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Netch_M_cuirass3.nif.

Mine isnt working either, i get this.

Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_extrav_2_f.

Model Load Error: Meshes\tr\b\TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif cannot load file in Meshes\tr\b\TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif.

Model Load Error: Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Netch_M_cuirass3.nif cannot load file in Meshes\TR\a\TR_a_Netch_M_cuirass3.nif.

You're missing some Tamriel Rebuilt meshes.

Did you install Tamriel Data? It's a separate download

Are all the addon mods for Tamriel Rebuilt for the current TR version? And/or been run through TR's file patcher?