Mod Malfunction Help

chaingun74

Hey Folks

I've been installing mods for Dragon Age: Origins for the past few days and finally thought I was ready to play. I started up the game; created my character; sat through the introduction sequence at which point Ser Duncan strolled into the room... Stark naked. I assume this is an issue with the Natural Bodies modification as I do not have any other mods installed that has anything to do with naked body models.

If anyone could offer any assistance I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Aidan

With the Dragon Age Eclipse game engine, characters don't "wear" armour or clothing over a body model. That *is* the body model. Naked bodies are just another one.

In your game there was a conflict between what Duncan should have had "equipped" and what was available for the game to use, so it defaulted to the "equipped with nothing" appearance. What armour/clothing mods did you install?

I'll list them:

• The Phoenix Armory
  • Underworld_Armor
  • w2dao (The Witcher 2 armour)
  • Triss_armor_elf_female_HD_texture (I assume this wouldn't affect a human male)
  • Devout Armor
  • DA2 Isabela and Flemeth to DAO
  • Pious Armor Warrior
  • LelianasArmor
  • Grey Wardens of Ferelden
  • Natural bodies all in one

I think that's all of them.

Regards,

Aidan

Ser Duncan is the "Warden-Commander of Ferelden" so I would assume that the "Grey Wardens of Ferelden" mod is the one that is causing issues as it directly changes his armour.

*EDIT* After having looked at the mods known issues I have concluded that this is the issue.

Oh, and in case you were wondering (NSFW):

http://i.imgur.com/rawfpbK.jpg

Edited by chaingun74

I think that, to fix the issue, I need to start the game over. However, I would rather not have to remake my character, again, and so i was wondering if it was possible to delete the save game but keep the character file or if, by doing this, I would corrupt the character. So, basically, can I use an existing character in a new story?

Normally I would say that you have a conflict between GWoF and another mod, resulting in the absent gear, but none of the mods you've listed have such a known conflict ( the only mod in your list I'm not familiar with is 'LelianasArmor', but I doubt that would cause an issue, unless it puts her in heavy or massive AND it conflicts... can't remember which Duncan is supposed to be in, sorry.)

Are you 10000000% certain that you've correctly installed Grey Wardens of Ferelden? It's one of the more complicated mods to install, and TBH, most of the issues I've seen with it are user error.

There are two parts to the mod: a required DAzip which has the actual armours and weapons (the 'CORE' file) and an optional override component, which adds the items to NPCs and, IIRC, to the player's inventory. (I think that archive is called 'the Main' file.) The second archive contains folders for compatibility with a mod you aren't using - Improved Atmosphere - as well as the standalone files. (The desired Main files must be installed manually, and not with the Nexus Mod Manager.)

tl; dr: You need both the DAzip and one (and only one) option from the Main archive for NPCs like Duncan to equip the gear.

Improved Atmosphere does add armours, clothing, and weapons, lots and lots of them, unless you've omitted those parts of that mod. (In which case you would not want to install the IA compatibility folders and would use the standalone version folders instead.)

Other than that, I'm out of suggestions.