Mod Malfunction Help

chaingun74

I am not new to modding; rather I am new to Dragon Age. Therefore, you cannot expect me to be familiar with the mods when I am not even familiar with the game itself. I reinstalled the mod after watching a help video (it turns out it was installed correctly in the first place). I am using the correct compatibility files and I have installed the two DAzip files included. If there is some comparability issue with another mod , such as the Grey Wardens mod, then that is not on me; the Improved Atmosphere has been installed correctly as far as I can tell.

Improved Atmosphere is one of the most complex, and least "compatible", mods around.

It's a great mod, as long as you don't use any others.

Again, anyone who has it installed but doesn't list it when asked, "What mods are you using?" shouldn't be using it. (And it is "on you" to de-conflict your mods. Especially when one of them is IA.)

This is actually what you said:

With the Dragon Age Eclipse game engine, characters don't "wear" armour or clothing over a body model. That *is* the body model. Naked bodies are just another one.

In your game there was a conflict between what Duncan should have had "equipped" and what was available for the game to use, so it defaulted to the "equipped with nothing" appearance. What armour/clothing mods did you install?

As I stated I was unsure what mods did what as I hadn't looked at them for weeks. I must have missed IA when I was checking what mods affect armour/clothing. Nevertheless, I have checked in-game and have concluded that IA has been installed correctly. If it is indeed the mod responsible for Ser Duncan's premature birthday celebrations then it is an incompatibility with another mod (such as the Grey Wardens mod), otherwise, IA has nothing to do with the issue.

It's not a matter of IA (or any other mod) being installed "correctly" or not. (And as tsm mentioned, IA is mostly definitely an "armour and clothing" mod. And other items. And scripts. And NPCs. And just about anything that works in DA.)

It's a matter of two different mods using files with the exact same name to accomplish two different tasks, one of which results in Duncan's starting armour not being what or where the game expects.

The solution is to remove ALL mods, see if that fixes the problem. Then add them back, testing along the way, until you identify the one that breaks things.

Unfortunately, IA has a habit of making changes that get "baked-in" to your saves in a way that persists even after removing it. Which is one of the reasons it's known for not playing well with other mods.

Oh, and if by "save your character for a re-start", you mean "save the appearance of the character", then there is a way.

It's to use the "DA FaceReplacer" (or similar mod, there are several) to extract the ".mor" (facemmorph) file from a save in your current game, then start a new game and play until you can make your first save. Lastly, swap the "old" .mor file into the new game.

I hope I'm not coming across as rude. I'm generally pretty adept at these kinds of things; I'm currently studying Game Development and Programming so I'm rather frustrated. I manged to fix it by changing the order in which I installed IA and the two separate parts of the Grey Wardens mod.

I don't seem to have a ".mor" file in the characters folder. Do I need to progress to a certain point before this file is produced or am I looking in the wrong place?