[Resource for Scripters] Every Single Default Script, With Definitions

Mattiewagg

COMPLETE Default Scripts List

(With Definitions)

Defaults scripts are pre-created and compiled scripts written by the Bethesda developers, made with the intention of saving the time of a modder spent writing scripts to perform common tasks. They can be added to any record by going to Scripts>Add, filtering by "default" and choosing one of the scripts to add. Often, they contain properties that should be filled in order for the script to function properly.

===========

I've created an entire list of every single default script in the vanilla game, with definitions of what every single one (180 of them) do. Almost all of them include examples of how the script could be used.

I did approximately 170 of them in the past 2 days, since I was bored and felt like doing something productive. I opened every script as well as checking comments and the name to figure out what each did. There were 3 I didn't understand and several redundant scripts, though I provided definitions for some.

Thanks to exit, Paulibobo and Himeki for help on a few definitions (exit did about 10), and examples.

Since it's on the Wiki, the intention is that it will be improved. Hopefully it'll be helpful to some of ye scripters out there.

Cool, thank you for your work!

Am I missing something? Your link shows a complete list, but none of the scripts are hyperlinked to their respective definitions.

Perhaps definitions was the wrong word. Summaries. They're right underneath each name.

Oh nice work

Though it's ones like this that always have me laughing when I am dissecting vanilla skyrim scripts

defaultAddSpell

Does not appear to be functional. Script contains nothing.

Have you ever ran into one where things are ; out and it says s#*! like "; Can't seem to get to work no idea" and the next one is ";Tried to replicate and failed, do not use" stuff like that cracks me the hell up

Mate, I did post a thank you on the Modding thread, but seeing how this thread appears to have more of your attention. I'll say it again.

Thanks so much friend. You are are star.

Keep up the generosity of knowledge, we numpties thrive upon it ;)

Mate, I did post a thank you on the Modding thread, but seeing how this thread appears to have more of your attention. I'll say it again.

Thanks so much friend. You are are star.

Keep up the generosity of knowledge, we numpties thrive upon it :wink:

If only for the numpties... I'll continue.

Writing Modding Skyrim: Scripter's Edition now. It's already 22 pages and I'm not done with the first section. :worried: Then again, scripts are quite long with not too many words. Lots of empty space.