Removing quests

Alexander2199

So i ve started my new character and i wanted to be paladin/knight so i joined the companions and pretty much i help people as i can ....BUT there are some quests that don't suit my playstyle like DB ,TG all the draedric and murders i have found a mod that it can stop some of them but i was too late because some quest have already added to my journal like azura star,something about peryite dawnstar and finally the civil war (because i am a companion i can't chose side :P) so the big question DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW CAN I REMOVE THEM ..................even whether they are with console command ....i would prefer not deleting them from the game just to be like i have never accepted them

PLSSSS SOMEONE

p.s sorry for my english they are not my main language :D

You can just ignore those quests can't you? Anyway I never tried removing quests from my journal but I reckon you could either complete the quests or set them to stage zero with the console. Search for the quest on www.uesp.net and it will show you the quest stage.

For example the azura star quest:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Black_Star

at the bottom you see the quest stages.

I assume 250 means fail quest. 100 and 110 are completed quest stages. setting stage to zero might remove it but never tried that. To set a quest to a certain stage type:

setstage questid queststageid

So for example:

setstage DA01 100

Edited by Noortje

well thank you for the reply but i can't ignore them because as you can see the journal system is not good and you have tons of quest without even complete the first one and also i have tried to setstage 0 but nothing happened i guess i ll try again

by the way i have seen the quest eraser but this mod does not fit on my purposes !!!

Depends on the quest. As far as I know the only way of failing a daedric quest is dying tho.

But I don't see why you couldn't be able to do the azura's star quest. You could just take the star and throw it somewhere noone will ever find it, or place it in a well guarded castle etc. In any case stopping the mad experiments that azura's star villain is conducting is a heroic thing to do, and Azura isn't even evil. (daedra doesn't mean evil per-se, azura and meridia can be considered *good*, also aedra doesn't necessarily mean good, aedra have done some horrible stuff)

In fact, cleansing azuras star will prevent anyone from ever using it to store black (human) souls again, and azura will grant it to you, making you it's guardian.

Also if you want to be a paladin or knight, you shouldn't join the companions. They have no morals and they don't care about anything but butting their heads together. Plus you will never be able to convince all of them to stop being werewolves. If you want to be a paladin or knight join the dawnguard. They are truly vanguishers of evil, have their own castle and are actually well organized.

Edited by Noortje

well you have a point but let's say that i do complete azura i have also in journal dawnstar museum how can i erase/fail that.

about the companions i haven't accepted the curse of werewolf because i agree with Kodlak

SPOILER

and as you complete the quest you are becoming harbinger of the companions so i can't be werewolf, and even if i don't convince everyone to stop being werewolves as harbinger i must accept their decision and just advise them ......don't forget that don't do any harm to anyone except "the bad guys" and all the guards respect us.and finally i agree about the dawnguards they are my next decision after companions.

:smile: :smile:

also we are not so much mindless animals thirsting for blood (i am talking about the werewolves mostly) because we care about the citizens of whiterun (if you select to spar with someone they agree as long we fight/train at the yard without anyone else envolving ,that means citizens foremost)

p.s i don't say that you said that but if you are thinking that i try to change your mind

always in a friendly way :)

Edited by Alexander2199

Companions do harm to whoever their clients want to see harmed. They are thugs for hire. One of the first generic quests farkas gives you is to go beat up and extort a citizen of whiterun. That's worse than the thieves guild.

The companions are NOT heroes. They are mercenaries. You should hear Aela talk about how she revels in devouring people. Heck, they even unleash you as a wild werewolf in the middle of whiterun.. What if you broke into a home and murdered a family in your wild state?

To even suggest that the companions are somehow good guys.. they are lawless mercenaries who happen to have made a name for themselves and claim to be the *sons and daughters of Ysgramor* etc.. They aren't worthy of calling themselves that, accepting the werewolf blood out of lust for power, taking honorless contracts, endangering innocents etc etc.

Edited by Noortje

i have found the quests about beating but you must not forget that these people have (failed the city :as vigilante says) all of them and some of them are even chief of bandits

also as i said you can refuse the curse and also if you accept accept the curse it is late night and the only thing you can kill(IF YOU WANT TO) is the guards.

also 1)when you first meet them they are killing a giant that was attacking a farm
2)you often sent to rescue people
3) you kill bandits

4)do you really believe that they are worst than TG??first queset of tg is to beat 3 people

You lose control and wake up at a silver hand camp. What do you think could have happened when you lost control? Also there isn't just guards outside at night. A ton of npc's take evening walks. Also, killing guards is in your eyes less bad than killing normal citizens? What?

1:They are killing that giant because they were hired to do so, the giant was stealing livestock.

2: Again, only if you get payed to do so.

3: Again, only if you get payed to do so.

4: Umm no, the entire point of that first (it's actually the second) quest is to learn how to NOT get your hands dirty and still get the gold. The thieves guild is all about avoiding combat. The companions however revel in violence. When two people get into a fight, rather than break it up like real friends would, they grab a chair and shout things like: "Kill him!" etc. They're simply put the fighters guild. They fight for money. They are dirty mercenaries with a fancy name who will do anything violent for money, including beating up normal citizens like stableboys, shopowners etc. They don't care about the city they live in at all, during the battle of whiterun they barricade themselves in and hide till the fighting is over, because they weren't payed to fight. You'd think a group of heroes would defend their city from invaders.

Edited by Noortje