Modded Skyrim to SSD

Darkened666

So my question is. Is there going to be any problems if I uninstall Skyrim and move the Data file to my new SSD, install Skyrim again and move the Data file back to the Skyrim folder which is installed to my new SSD? All my mods are installed through NMM and I wanted to know if all my mods will show up with the green markers+ that the mods work normal even when I move the files.

I will be doing the same thing later this year.

My plan is to copy my Skyrim directory to a temporary directory, then uninstall Skyrim. Steam will remove the files it added. You my need one or two of those.

I will install Steam to the SSD & then Skyrim. Then I will copy Skyrim's main files from the newly installed Skyrim to a temporary directory.

Using my USB HD reader, I will copy the entire modded Skyrim folder to the SSD. Along with the save game directory & the directory that NMM keeps archive fills.

I will then Install NMM & then over write it with the files on the HD.

I will also install Net frame & Java.

I am Hoping this will do it. If not I will have all the files saved in temporary directories to fix it.

It would be nice If someone that has done it successfully or unsuccessfully would chime in.

Later

I believe that in NMM that it will not show but if you have transferred all data files over it will work regardless just make sure you use boss to organize what would be a new load order.

Copy over the entire Skyrim folder ...Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim then verify game cache in Steam, reinstall SKSE if you have it.

I believe that in NMM that it will not show but if you have transferred all data files over it will work regardless just make sure you use boss to organize what would be a new load order.

Copy over the NMM install logs folder too after you've reinstalled NMM then they'll show up. Copy over Plugins.txt and LoadOrder.txt from C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\Skyrim if you want to preserve load order and subscribed mods list.

Sorry for late answer, but thanks anyway for the help. I decided to just uninstall all mods and whole Skyrim and make a whole new and clean skyrim to my SSD. My old character is working fine and the performance is much better now with cleaner modded Skyrim in my SSD.