In dire need of assistance, fellow Wasteland Wanderers...

ViciousCDXX

I recently decided to re-install Fallout: New Vegas after having, "Put it away." I had experimented with NMM before, only to encounter infuriating crashes and bugs, regardless of whether or not I would manually install said mods or using the sites program. It has been several years since I have attempted to mod this game and the only thing I have tried to alter is the vocal acting of the companions in the DLC: Dead Money, as every one of them (sans Christine of course) will not shut the hell up. Dog/God and Dean spam their voice lines every five seconds and when I tried to add the only mod that allows you to change these voice lines, I load the my save file and it resorts me back to the Doctor's house at the beginning of the game.

Is this an issue with the NMM or the mod itself?

Please advise, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it shouldn't, a mod that changes audio attributes has nothing to do with starting a new game. It is possible that the mod itself could be fubared or its just your one special blend of fallout antics.

post your mod list as it appears in NMM or Fallout mod manager

• 4 months later...

Just going to toss this out as a suggestion and alternative. Try using Mod Organizer. Gopher has great tutorial videos about getting it up and running--it is different from installing NMM or FOMM, but no harder, and the end result is a clean Data folder where mods have not written and overwritten themselves and each other. It makes experimenting with even alpha/buggy/unfamiliar/unsupported/gonzo mods safe for your game install.

It also makes it so much easier to track down and fix problems like yours. It isn't the only solution, certainly, and it won't solve all your problems, but coming back after a hiatus myself recently, MO reduced my dependence on aspirin when sorting these things out. ;)

Oh, one more suggestion--make sure you verify the vanilla game files through Steam. Gopher's tutorials explain how to do that, too. I have had some weird things occur because my vanilla files were fubar, and this DM voice issue sounds like that sort of problem. Possibly.

In any case, good luck!

Something that tremendously helped me when modding my game was Gopher's video series on modding the game. I'd suggest watching these videos all the way through since they go through exactly what you need to do to properly install and set up your mods, and the end result is a fairly good quality modded game.

Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0E5E8CA384409B11