Favourite and least favourite houses in Skyrim

SilveriaMoon

So, just curious, what are your favourite/least favourite houses in Skyrim?

My favourites:

My ultimate favourite would be Hjerim. It has the most storage space, plus the secret room. At first I was creeped out because of the bloodstains, but now it's all cleaned up, so...

I quite like Proudspire Manor too. None of the furniture bugs are happening to me, so it's pretty cool. Plus, I've shoved a load of my money into the safe...

I'm okay-ish with Breezehome and Vlindrel Hall. Breezehome is small and cozy, but there's little storage space and Lydia is forever sitting in my room. I feel like I have a stalker.

Vlindrel Hall... Well, I'm not a fan of all that stone, but it's pretty cool. I used a certain room as a treasure room... I've dumped gold coins there (at least a thousand) using the console player.drop 0000000f 1. (I have too much money from the Dark Brotherhood questline...)

I know a lot of people love Honeyside. I used to, too, until the mannequin bug started happening to me. A mannequin was on the ceiling, for goodness' sake! I freaked out, immediately made my spouse change houses, and since then I've never gone to Honeyside again.

Just curious to find out what's your favourite/least favourite houses! *randomly making this page colorful* :blush:

Breezehome is awesome, alchemy table inside, smithy a few feet away, only the enchanting table is awkwardly far. Also it's very close to the entrance of the city, so when you arrive over-encumbered after fast-travelling after swallowing a potion of strenght, you don't have to walk very far.

Also Jarl Balgruuf is the only competent jarl in the entire province.

I love the fact that Breezehome is so close. I mean, it's pretty much the only house I can enter without getting lost... When I want to go to Proudspire Manor I hunt around the place for a staircase besides some plants. I can never find my way to Vlindrel Hall (I end up circling around a million times), I don't want to go to Honeyside so I just don't... Hjerim is pretty easy for me coz I just remember it's nearby the graveyard.

1- Vlindrel Hall. The Best by far. Nice size, nice price, everything you need and all made of stone. Great look with the right lighting mod. If it had a smelter nearby it would be perfect.

2- Breezehome. Convenient. Fair price for what you get.

3 / 4 - Honeyside and Proudspire. Complete oposite... one is too small, lacks everything you need... the other is just to big and pricey with an ugly architecture and surprisingly few storages.

5 - Hjerim. Once I finished the civil war, I just dont need a player house anymore... thanks for nothing...

Best House mod - Sutvaka Fortified Estate. Great size, great location, great look. Great for any Dragonborn.

My favorite houses in Skyrim are Proudspire Manor and Honeyside. I appericate the luxury and prestigious feeling that Proudspire Manor offers. Although the quest to get the home and price to purchase & furnish it are rather steep. Honeyside is a great size home. It's cozy, affordable, well laid out and is the only home in Skyrim with a door opening into the world space of Skyrim as well as into Riften.

My least favorite houses are two that I actually never owned but have seen videos for and saw in someone elses game. The homes are Vlindrel Hall and Breezehome. I would never want to live in a stony home like that in city that is so corrupt (not that Riften isn't). As for Breezehome, it's too small, too basic in design, and really is only worth it if you use a mod for it.

Breezehome with the Breezehome Fully Upgradeable mod installed. And also the home you get from the Helgen Reborn mod. Enjoyed a few of the Expanded Towns and Cities homes, but when I updated that mod recently, all those homes were removed.

Honeyside is my least favorite.

Multiple Floors Sandboxing mod takes care of the Lydia problem.

My favorite vanilla house is Vlindril Hall, I just love the look of it.

My favorite dlc home is a tie between Winstad Manor and the manor house in Solsthiem

My favorite modded home is the Eagle's Nest

Favorite: Proudspire Manor. It's hard to beat Imperial architecture for wealth and luxury. Plus it's in Solitude, which is the only real city in Skyrim. Along with maybe Markarth, I guess?

I like Honeyside, too. Same with Vlindrel Hall.

Hjerim is just kind of pointless. It's all big and empty, and...I dunno.

Hate Breezehome. Tiny, useless, ugly Whiterun architecture...