How to completely uninstall skyrim?

vptwarrior

I'm trying to do a perfect uninstall and reinstall of skyrim so that i can remove all traces of old mods, but when i reinstalled skyrim yesterday my saves still came back even though i deleted them, i also deleted the SKSE file next to the saves along with the saves as well, so how did this happen? I'm trying to make it so that i can use UFO as well again on my other files.

Do i need to completely remove SKSE from my computer, i've uninstalled my mods and before i uninstall again, i wanna make sure i remove everything so i have a fresh install.

I'm trying to do a perfect uninstall and reinstall of skyrim so that i can remove all traces of old mods, but when i reinstalled skyrim yesterday my saves still came back even though i deleted them, i also deleted the SKSE file next to the saves along with the saves as well, so how did this happen? I'm trying to make it so that i can use UFO as well again on my other files.

Do i need to completely remove SKSE from my computer, i've uninstalled my mods and before i uninstall again, i wanna make sure i remove everything so i have a fresh install.

The reason your saves came back even after a fresh install of Skyrim is because of Steam. Steam - by default has a "Cloud Storage" function enabled where your save games will be stored as a backup and will be automatically applied to a new installation of Skyrim. This can be turned off in your Steam Client.

To make sure you uninstalled Skyrim correctly, I made this step by step guide that you can follow to make sure you do it right.

Here's a guide to completely uninstall Skyrim from your PC including all the mods:

• 1. Uninstall Skyrim.
  • 2. Delete your Skyrim folder located in your steam directory.
  • 3. Delete your Skyrim folder located in "<Your Username Here>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim".
  • 4. Uninstall your mod manager program (Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Manager)
  • 5. Delete the folder used by your mod manager that holds all your installed mods.
  • 6. Execute a search scan on your computer for any left over files.
  • 7. Install Skyrim.

If you followed the above steps you will now have a completely fresh installation of Skyrim. Hope this helps!