Restoring grass in the CK?

Deleted1790188User

Hello. I made the mistake of deleting grass in a quadrant, hoping things would look better without it, but now I'd like to restore it and I'm not sure how. Anytime I click an empty line in the dialogue box for that quadrant I get 'replace or delete', but neither does anything. I can only seem to replace existing textures, but what I want to do is add a new one/restore the prior one. Is there a way to get past this? It seems odd that there isn't a clear way to add objects to the quadrant, only to replace/delete existing ones.

Thanks for any help!

Grass is not an object you can place directly in to the render window.

Grasses are associated with textures. When you paint a texture that has a grass associated wit it, the grass will be applied along with the texture.

Look at the landscape textures and apply the ones that have wgrass or w_grass (with grass)

Hello. I made the mistake of deleting grass in a quadrant, hoping things would look better without it, but now I'd like to restore it and I'm not sure how. Anytime I click an empty line in the dialogue box for that quadrant I get 'replace or delete', but neither does anything. I can only seem to replace existing textures, but what I want to do is add a new one/restore the prior one. Is there a way to get past this? It seems odd that there isn't a clear way to add objects to the quadrant, only to replace/delete existing ones.

Thanks for any help!

There are two things you can do to place the textures back in the cell.

1. Open the dialogue box in an adjoining cell to see exactly what grass texture was in that particular part of the map and reapply it to the cell with the deleted grass. Or.

2. Your best bet unless you made major changes that you cannot recall. Check your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Backup folder and revert to a backup in which you had not removed the texture. Every time you save in the CK a backup is made of your esp (up to 10 total I believe then they overwrite). They are numbered and time stamped. For future reference always backup your esp and save it in a safe place incase something does happen you will only lose a small amount of progress and not the whole project.

Edited by Aragorn58

As already said the grass is included in the landscape texture. You can place up to six textures per exterior cell. If you want to get the grass back, simply place a texture with grass. You can draw the selected ground textures with right click.

Usually textures with grass have a pendant without grass which name ends with 'NoGrass'. For example LFieldGrass02 (with grass) and LFieldGrass02NoGrass (Without grass).

See: http://www.creationkit.com/Landscape