Vilkas brawl bug

ccafns

Hi guys, a quick question

I like to play with no essential NPC, it makes the experience harder and adds some immersion. So I modified the skyrim.ini file in My Games folder and set bEssentialTakeNoDamage=1 to =0

However, when joining the companions, knowing i had to battle Vilkas I changed the file back to =0 but it makes no difference, Vilkas keeps dying.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I have tried both solutions and none of them seems to work. Vilkas keeps dying.

To summarize, I have restored the original value in the Skyrim.ini file to 1, installed the Brawl Bug Patch, used the console command setessential =1 and when none of those seemed to work I deleted my game and started a clean save. However...Vilkas keeps dying and dying. I really don't know what to do. Should I reinstall the whole game?

• 3 weeks later...

Nevermind, I feel so silly. I recently installed Mod Organizer and -since it's new to me- I didn't realize that there's an INI Editor that keeps different preferences for every saved game. So, I was modifying the original INI file in Data folder but INI Editor was keeping my old preferences and thus Vilkas kept dying.